Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Erwin Pavlik Funeral notice

  • RICHARD KOTRLA
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
      Sir John:

      Erwin was a great asset to the groupÂ…

      You, sir, will live foreverÂ….

      Richard Kotrla
      LaMarque, TX
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 3:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Erwin Pavlik Funeral notice

      Matt,

      Thanks so much for getting the complete obituary and posting it.  I have saved it for Steve Alvarez, when he is back on line, along with Darlene Bakers posting.  Shame that Weimer doesn't post all the obituary while other newspapers do.  But, we appreciate what Darlene can obtain and post.  Incidentally, I made 4 additional copies of your post, Darlene, so each person would have an obituary post in case additional one are not posted.

      Erwin Pavlik name is sure familiar and I belive I met him while in Taylor.  I looked to see if he was in the photos posted on TexasCzechs but did not find one.

      Little queasy when such a fine person as Erwin passes away, especially when he is younger than your are....

      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
        Rick,

        Was Erwin the gentleman that had the teenage (?) nephew about 7' 7" with him at the meeting?  However, I believe that gentleman was from Granger, come to think of it.

        Notice they held the body for a week before burial?  And at Chappell Hill, too.

        Sir John

        I was writing a note asking people that posted obits since 11-1 to send me a copy, if they still had them.  But, recall can go to the archives and get them.  For 135 of 140, take a day to do it???? :(

        SJ
      • Sims, Melinda
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
          When I saw the notice of Erwin's death, I was shocked and saddened. I also
          had relatives in common with Erwin. I echo Rick's sentiment -- may he rest
          in peace.

          Melinda Sims -- Katy, Texas
          Svetlik, Otto, Benes, Peter(s)