Obituary of Erwin Adolph Pavlik

  • Matt <lennonluv@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      Obituary of Erwin Adolph Pavlik
      Lexington Leader Online

      Erwin Adolph Pavlik

      July 29, 1934 – Dec. 21, 2002

      Erwin Adolph Pavlik passed away on December 21, 2002, at his
      residence. Funeral services were held at the Phillips & Luckey
      Funeral Home in Giddings, Texas with burial in the Atkinson Cemetery
      in Chappell Hill, Texas.

      Mr. Pavlik was born in Weimer, Texas, on July 29, 1934, to Adolf and
      Millie (Kunetka) Pavlik. He graduated from Texas A&M University and
      was employed by the U.S. Soil Conservation. Mr. Pavlik enjoyed
      genealogy. He was president of NARF for District 15, Chapter 1492.

      He was preceded in death by his parents.

      Surviving relatives include: longtime friend and companion, Julia
      Tarr of Brenham, Texas; sons, Lt. Col. Greg and Patti Pavlik of San
      Antonio, Stan Pavlik of Snyder, Roger Pavlik of Snyder and John
      Pavlik of Irving; the mother of their children, Shirley Jilek Pavlik-
      Snyder; three grandchildren, Andrea Pavlik of Snyder and Joshua &
      Jeffery Pavlik of San Antonio; sisters, Irene and W.C. Duncan of
      Houston, Marilyn and Daniel Treybig of Houston; brothers, Bennie and
      Rita Pavlik of Schulenburg, Jimmy and Lillian Pavlik of Schulenburg,
      and Bobby and Pat Pavlik of Schulenburg; Julia's daughters, Jeannette
      Tarr-Winston of Salem, North Carolina, Patty Poole and husband, Danny
      Ogg of Houston, and Barbara Notari of Duncanville.
    • tjslansky
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
        I had the pleasure of meeting Erwin Pavlik at the state meeting in Fayetteville.

        I had written Erwin an e-mail after he had post a message about having family research done by a researcher in the CZ. Rep.

        Erwin brought the information to the meeting for my review as to what type information he had received.

        We spoke in great detail about research.

        I visited with Erwin at the Granger meeting.

        He was a very nice friendly person.

        TJ Slansky

        Surnames:    SLANSKY/BOROS    HAVRAN/MARTIS    STEPAN/KAHANEK
      • wkunetka@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
          I have been out of town for the past few days, and as everyone else was shocked to see Erwin's Obituary.  He and I kept in constant contact as we are cousins and worked together to get our ascestors history from the Czech Republic.  He was a true Czech if there every was one.