Re: [TexasCzechs] Erwin Pavlik Funeral notice

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi Darlene,
      How sad. Yes, this is the Erwin Pavlik that is an eGroup member.
      Saw him in Taylor at the CHS State Mtg in November. He was such a nice
      person and contributed regularly to the list. May he rest in peace.
      Rick Garza

      On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 07:37:21 EST writes:
      Some excerpts from the Weimar Mercury

      January 2, 2003

      Erwin Pavlik Funeral Services Held Dec. 28
      Erwin Adolph Pavlik, 68, of Giddings, died at his home Saturday, Dec. 21.
      Funeral services were held Saturday, Dec. 28 at Phillips and Luckey
      Funeral Home in Giddings. Interment followed at Atkinson Cemetery in
      Chappell Hill.

      ps: The Erwin mentioned here-- is this our Erwin?? I sure hope not.

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Matt <lennonluv@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
        Erwin had given me some information as to some of my relatives and I
        just realized how close they were in relation as those relatives of
        mine were his two brothers, Bennie and Jimmy who both married
        Berckenhoff sisters.

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, richardgarza1@j... wrote:
        > Hi Darlene,
        > How sad. Yes, this is the Erwin Pavlik that is an eGroup
        member.
        > Saw him in Taylor at the CHS State Mtg in November. He was such a
        nice
        > person and contributed regularly to the list. May he rest in peace.
        > Rick Garza
      • RICHARD KOTRLA
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
          Sir John:

          Erwin was a great asset to the groupÂ…

          You, sir, will live foreverÂ….

          Richard Kotrla
          LaMarque, TX

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
              Rick,

              Was Erwin the gentleman that had the teenage (?) nephew about 7' 7" with him at the meeting?  However, I believe that gentleman was from Granger, come to think of it.

              Notice they held the body for a week before burial?  And at Chappell Hill, too.

              Sir John

              I was writing a note asking people that posted obits since 11-1 to send me a copy, if they still had them.  But, recall can go to the archives and get them.  For 135 of 140, take a day to do it???? :(

              SJ
            • Sims, Melinda
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2003
                When I saw the notice of Erwin's death, I was shocked and saddened. I also
                had relatives in common with Erwin. I echo Rick's sentiment -- may he rest
                in peace.

                Melinda Sims -- Katy, Texas
                Svetlik, Otto, Benes, Peter(s)