Re: [TexasCzechs] Digest Number 1242

  • Huckabee Carol
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2002
      Hi,

      I'm new to writing to this group but I read all the message. I enjoy every part of
      it.

      Some time ago I recorded the "translation program" into my favorites. For some
      reason I lost it! Can someone please post it again? I have two new letters from
      Moravia in Czech and I need it to be able to find out family news.

      Thank you Carol Huckabee

      --- TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: Birth Announcement
      > From: "Matt <lennonluv@...>" <lennonluv@...>
      > 2. Re: Orsak obit
      > From: "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...>
      > 3. Re: Birth Announcement
      > From: "RICHARD KOTRLA" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 4. Visitor here with a question about Czernina
      > From: "brianmott2001 <BrianMott@...>" <BrianMott@...>
      > 5. Re: Orsak obit
      > From: "Matt <lennonluv@...>" <lennonluv@...>
      > 6. Re: Visitor here with a question about Czernina
      > From: "RICHARD KOTRLA" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 7. Re: Visitor here with a question about Czernina
      > From: "Jan" <toni@...>
      > 8. Re: Visitor here with a question about Czernina
      > From: "RICHARD KOTRLA" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 9. sauerkruat and potato dumplings
      > From: "Richard Kotrla <rjkotrla2@...>" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 10. sausage kolaches
      > From: "Richard Kotrla <rjkotrla2@...>" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 11. Worth sharing....
      > From: "Richard Kotrla <rjkotrla2@...>" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 12. Sharing an article
      > From: "Richard Kotrla <rjkotrla2@...>" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 13. A refresher course on Czech history
      > From: "Richard Kotrla <rjkotrla2@...>" <rjkotrla2@...>
      > 14. Re: unrolling an old document
      > From: richardgarza1@...
      > 15. Obituary of Albina Steffek Schindler
      > From: "Matt <lennonluv@...>" <lennonluv@...>
      > 16. Obituary of George Kirst
      > From: "Matt <lennonluv@...>" <lennonluv@...>
      > 17. Obituary of Matilda "Tillie" Najvar Finch
      > From: "Matt <lennonluv@...>" <lennonluv@...>
      > 18. Obituary of Delbert Otto Hengst
      > From: "Matt Cross" <lennonluv@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 20:26:19 -0000
      > From: "Matt <lennonluv@...>" <lennonluv@...>
      > Subject: Re: Birth Announcement
      >
      > Congrats!
      >
      > --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Sims, Melinda" <melinda@m...>
      > wrote:
      > > Mike and Melinda Sims of Katy, Texas proudly announce the birth of
      > their
      > > first child, a daughter, Maribeth Beverly Sims. Maribeth was born
      > on
      > > 12/26/2002 at Christus St. Catherine Hospital in Katy, Texas.
      > Grandparents:
      > > Maternal -- the late George T. Svetlik, Sr. and Elizabeth Svetlik
      > of Weimar,
      > > Texas formerly of Houston, Texas and Hallettsville, Texas.
      > Paternal -- The
      > > late J. D. Sims and Marie Sims of New Caney, Texas.
      > >
      > > Note: If anyone is interested, I have attached a picture of
      > Maribeth. I
      > > hope I have sent it in the right format.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Melinda Sims - Katy, Texas.
      > > Svetlik, Otto, Benes, Peter(s)

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 11:05:48 -0600
      > From: "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@...>
      > Subject: Re: Orsak obit
      >
      > Does anyone know if he was born in MORAVIA, TEXAS or MORAVIA, CZECH?

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Joe Janecka
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
        On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:02:31 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I'm new to writing to this group but I read all the message. I enjoy every part of
        >it.
        >
        >Some time ago I recorded the "translation program" into my favorites. For some
        >reason I lost it! Can someone please post it again? I have two new letters from
        >Moravia in Czech and I need it to be able to find out family news.

        You can download the "Czech Translator" from
        http://server2012.virtualave.net/goodolejoe/Download.html

        Cheers,
        Joe
        Burleson, TX
        http://www.geocities.com/goodolejoe
      • Billy Macek
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
          Group:

          A couple months ago I sent in my dues to become a new member of the Wharton County Chapter.  I am in the process of sending in my 2003 dues but before I do I want to make sure I am sending them to the right place.  I got the address of the Czech Heritage Society web page.
          The reason I ask is that I never received any acknowledgement of my membership.  Is this normal?  What can I expect when I join?  I thought maybe a newletter, invites to meetings or something.

          Thanks,
          Billy

        • John L. Mikeska
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2003
            Billy,

             Haven't seen anyone from the Wharton area (that I know of) reply to your message.  Did you join by sending the dues to the CHS chapter in El Campo?  Their contact is:

            John Drozd, President
            RR1, Box 250-B
            El Campo, TX 77437-9411
            (979) 543-4073

            Possible you sent the membership direct to the CHS treasurer to Rita Vanek in El Campo.  Either way, I belive you are a member!   Hate to say this but same thing happened to me in 1999 and I finally made a long distance call to confirm my membership fee and registration for the genealogy meeting in Temple arrived.  I sure didn't want to drive couple hundred miles and find I was not registered and maybe could not be admitted. <G>  We do not have a chapter in Beaumont, TX and I therefore belong to the At Large group.

            Cesky Hlas, CHS newspaper, is printed quarterly.  Last prating was send in early November and next issue is due to be mailed this month.  The November issue may have been mailed before you joined.

            I'm just another member and help on the eGroup list.  I know how your minds begins to wonder as you have said.   Nope, there is no membership card I am aware of, but you are appreciated as a CHS member regardless.  <G>

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10, 2003
              Thanks!  I did send my dues to the treasurer instead of the President of our  Wharton County chapter.  I will send this years dues to Mr. Drozd at the address you provided.

              Thanks!!