Re: [TexasCzechs] ask for help

  • richardgarza1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hello Petr,
      Welcome to the TexasCzechs email list. It is a small world
      indeed. In October 1995, members from the School for the Arts in Hradec
      Kralove made their first public performance at the SPJST Lodge No. 1 in
      Fayetteville, Texas. Attached is a photo of that concert.
      I am sorry I was unable to attend the concerts your group
      performed this year.
      You will be glad to know that Hradec Kralove plays a small part
      in the support of Czech cultural centers in Texas through its native son
      Michael Sust (´┐Żust), shown in photo. I have packed away my papers on the
      founding of the Czech Cultural Center-Houston and the Texas Czech
      Heritage and Cultural Center in La Grange and the meetings they had to
      discuss their foundation, but I will look and see what I can find for
      you.
      Good luck on your project!
      Rick Garza
      Sharing. It's what it's all about!
      http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

      "1 Czech + 1 Czech = 3 Clubs"

      On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 02:47:35 -0800 (PST) Petr Exner <> writes:
      Hi
      Id like to ask you for your help. I4m an university student from Hradec
      Kralove University and Im finishing it. I need to write a final
      graduation work. Im studying history and philosophy and I decided to
      write about history of TexasCzech Heritage Organizations.
      I need anything you could share with me from the history of these
      organizations. I have already something from web pages and I gained some
      friends over in Texas who are willing to help me complete the work.
      My main reason for this work is my experience with TexasCzechs during my
      visit in February 2002 in Texas. I was a member of Kralovehradecky Muzsky
      Sbor,