ask for help

  • Petr Exner
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1 2:47 AM

      Hi

      I�d like to ask you for your help. I�m an university student from Hradec Kralove University and I�m finishing it. I need to write a final graduation work. I�m studying history and philosophy and I decided to write about history of TexasCzech Heritage Organizations. It will be a work not only for me but I�ll be very glad if it will be useful for you too. It will have two versions - czech one and english one.

      I need anything you could share with me from the history of these organizations. I have already something from web pages and I gained some friends over in Texas who are willing to help me complete the work.

      My main reason for this work is my experience with TexasCzechs during my visit in February 2002 in Texas. I was a member of Kralovehradecky Muzsky Sbor, a choir that was touring Texas and that was participating in Faith and Culture Conference in Houston. I�ve met many interesting and wonderful persons and I also found many friends over there. I�d like to dedicate my work to all members of TexasCzech community.

      If you want to help me, please reply to the conference or to my personal email - petexner@... - Every little help will be appriciated. :) I�m preparing a trip to Texas next summer and I will be very pleased if I am able to present you my work.

      I�d like to become somehow useful for you too so if you want anything I can manage from Czech Republic (books, magazines, music, recipes, history...) just ask me :) I�ll try to help you.

      Petr Exner

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • richardgarza1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1 10:25 AM
        Hello Petr,
        Welcome to the TexasCzechs email list. It is a small world
        indeed. In October 1995, members from the School for the Arts in Hradec
        Kralove made their first public performance at the SPJST Lodge No. 1 in
        Fayetteville, Texas. Attached is a photo of that concert.
        I am sorry I was unable to attend the concerts your group
        performed this year.
        You will be glad to know that Hradec Kralove plays a small part
        in the support of Czech cultural centers in Texas through its native son
        Michael Sust (�ust), shown in photo. I have packed away my papers on the
        founding of the Czech Cultural Center-Houston and the Texas Czech
        Heritage and Cultural Center in La Grange and the meetings they had to
        discuss their foundation, but I will look and see what I can find for
        you.
        Good luck on your project!
        Rick Garza
        Sharing. It's what it's all about!
        http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

        "1 Czech + 1 Czech = 3 Clubs"

        On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 02:47:35 -0800 (PST) Petr Exner <> writes:
        Hi
        Id like to ask you for your help. I4m an university student from Hradec