Re: [TexasCzechs] Reminder - Czech Day at Institute of Texan Cultures

  • Rhonda Bell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2002
      Where is this Institute of Texan Cultures? I've never heard of it before.
      Do they have a web site, by any chance?
      Rhonda Jo

      >From: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com Reply-To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      >To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com Subject: [TexasCzechs] Reminder - Czech Day
      >at Institute of Texan Cultures
      >Date: 31 Oct 2002 19:02:27 -0000
      >

      >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
      >
      >Czech Day at Institute of Texan Cultures
      >
      >Date: Sunday, November 3, 2002
      >Time: 1:00PM - 4:00PM CST (GMT-06:00)
      >
      >Join the Institute of Texan Cultures in celebrating the opening
      >of the new Czech Texans Exhibit Sunday, November 3, 2002 from 1
      >to 4PM, exhibit floor.
      >
      >Dance to the polka music of the Checkmates - Savor fresh baked
      >kolaches, etc. Share your family photos with the ITC library and
      >expreience the history and culture of Czechs in Texas.
      >RSVP by Wednesday, Oct 30, to Dan Garcia at 210-458-2222 or
      >dxgarcia@...

      Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.� Join now!
    • tjslansky
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2002
        Rhonda Jo

        Institute of Texan Cultures is located in San Antonio on the '68 World
        Hemisphere Fair ground, next to the Tower of Americas.

        A person can spend several hours visiting the many culture exhibits on
        display. If you are in San Antonio and it is to hot or is bad weather, this
        is a good place to visit.

        The BIG event is the first weekend of June, when the Texas Folklife Festival
        takes place.

        There have been several Czech dancing groups performing in the past and the
        Bexar Co. CZ. Heritage has a food booth and a Czech display.

        Myrna and I will be there today.

        TJ Slansky
        San Antonio