Re: [TexasCzechs] Czech Day at Institute of Texan Cultures

  • Richard Garza
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi All,
              Please, I do hope each and every one of you living in Texas will make it a point to attend Czech Day at the Institute of Texan Cultures. This is a special day for all Czech Texans and it would be nice to show the world that we truly care about our heritage and honor our ancestors by making a big show on this day.
              Many fundraisers, many volunteer hours, and many years have gone into making this dream come true. I've attached a picture of the Vojtek-Lambeth cast iron cook stove that I've been restoring for the exhibit. The Czech farm kitchen is just one part of the exhibit that examplifies the hardships that your and my ancestors overcame to give us a good life here in Texas. The Institute sent a van to pick it up this past Monday. And, like a true mechanic, I only had two parts left over. <g>
              It should be a pleasant Sunday drive to San Antonio. The Institute is located downtown on the grounds of the former Hemisfair, across the street from the Alamodome (I-37). Just look for the Hemisfair tower. Remember to take any ancestral photos you hope to identify and share with the Institute.
      Rick Garza
      Sharing. It's what it's all about!
      http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

      "We put our money where our mouth is!"

      On 31 Oct 2002 19:02:27 -0000 TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Czech Day at Institute of Texan Cultures
      >
      > Date: Sunday, November 3, 2002
      > Time: 1:00PM - 4:00PM CST
      (GMT-06:00)

      > Join the Institute of Texan Cultures,
      color=#0000ff size=2>801 S. Bowie St. in San Antonio, Texas, in celebrating the opening of the new Czech Texans Exhibit Sunday, November 3, 2002 from 1 to 4PM, exhibit floor.

      > Dance to the polka
      music of the Checkmates - Savor fresh baked
      > kolaches, etc. Share your
      family photos with the ITC library and
      > expreience the history and
      culture of Czechs in Texas.