CHS Meeting - Taylor, TX

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
      Folks,

      Message I replied to George Patrick Wednesday, I made reference to the CHS meeting in Taylor, TX on Saturday November 12th.  This is incorrect - it is Saturday November 16th.

      I had not flipped my calendar over and showed the 12th in error, which was a reunion of my former employer workers in the Texas area.

      Plan to be in Taylor if you can make it.  We will have a good meeting, and know of two Czech Republic students attending University of Texas that will be present, thanks to Jana Vaculik, who is also a UT student.  Hopefully they will make a few comments to us, and know you will enjoy meeting them.  Lets make them Welcome to Texas and have something to REALLY talk about when they return to the homeland.

      See you there!
      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

      ---
    • Cindy Harvey
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
        This meeting is the 20th anniversary of the founding of the Czech Heritage Society of Texas, and promises to be a great meeting and social occasion.  Members/visitors who have kroje are asked to wear them, and we will have a candle light memorial ceremony on Friday night before the meeting honoring deceased members.  Following the Friday night ceremony, there will be a social hour.   For more information see the agenda at http://www.czechheritage.org/CurrentEvents/FallStMtg2002.html

        Cindy Harvey
        Texas City, Texas