Re: [TexasCzechs] Contacts in the CR

  • mrbkdb112@cs.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      Thanks,Susan

      I don't know that I will contact him now, but wanted to have the email for my file....Millie
    • W.E. Ermis
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002

        Susan do you have any more info on this gentleman? Is he from the Prerov area? Because this is the district of where my wife's kin are at (the village is Horni Udejz). I'd like to correspond with him if that is where he is from and for him to look up the Oliviks. We were there in July 2000.

                                                        Thanks,       Weldon of Lake Jackson,Tx.

         Susan Rektorik Henley wrote:

        >Does this man have an email number or how do we correspond with him?
        Hi Millie,

        Mr. Jaroslav Skopal can be contacted at the following e-mail address: jar.skopal@...

        If you contact him, mention that you learned about his willingness to serve as a connecting points for Czech in Texas and Czechs in the CR from me.

        I looked up Prevrov (P�erov) and, although I need to confirm that it is the right one, it appears to be in the heart of the area of Moravia from whence many of our ancestors came.

        I think this is neat!

        Susan

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Joe Garrison
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2002
          Susan,

          I am interested. How do we get in contact with this group? Will they be
          able to read & write English? Will contact be by e-mail or snail mail?
          Please let me know. I think it will be fun.

          Also, new subject: You know the advertisements to buy your Heritage Coat of
          Arms and Scrolls and such? Is that true? Or do you figure its all a rip
          off? Does anyone out there know for sure?

          THANKS - Sorry to be such a bother today. My son is gone, I actually get to
          use the computer today. Smile.