Obituary of Tracy Janus Melnar

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Obituary of Tracy Janus Melnar
      Shiner Gazette

      Tracy Melnar

      HALLETTSVILLE – Mrs. Ed Melnar, nee Tracy Janus, 91, of Hallettsville
      died at 9:20 a.m. Thursday, Mar. 17, 1983.

      She was a member of the Czech-Moravian Brethren Church in Vsetin and
      the SPJST Lodge No. 16.

      Mrs. Melnar was born April 29, 1891, in Lavaca County, daughter of
      Paul and Rozina (Marek) Janus. She married Ed Melnar Nov. 15, 1910,
      in Vsetin. He died April 2, 1975.

      The body lay in state at Kubena Funeral Home in Hallettsville until
      8:45 a.m. Saturday, Mar. 19 when it was taken to the Czech-Moravian
      Brethren Church in Vsetin for services at 10 a.m. The Rev. Henry
      Beseda officiated. Burial followed in Vsetin Cemetery.

      Surviving are three sons, August, Charlie and Henry Melnar, all of
      Hallettsville; a grandchild; and two great-grandchildren.

      She was preceded in death by her parents; brother, Frank Janus, July
      22, 1977; two sisters, Mrs. Vinc (Frances) Melnar, Jan. 27, 1968; and
      Mrs. Joe (Annie) Zaruba, Sr., Jan. 28, 1968.

      Submitted by Brenda Lincke Fisseler
      Posted by Matt Cross
    • darlenbaker@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
        This too is my kin!!  In fact she would be a great great aunt.

        Thanks Matt!!!!

        Darlene Baker
        Port Lavaca,TX