Re: Animals & food

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      I'm sure almost everyone could tell a similar story!

      My niece had a male Bassett Hound named Porter, who probably wasn't the
      brightest bulb in the pack. Anyway, he was very fond of bread or cake and
      you had to store it well out of reach. She had baked a loaf of jalapeno
      bread and put it on the counter, she thought out of reach. During the night
      Porter somehow got hold of it and ate the entire loaf. She said she could
      hear him getting up and lapping water all night long and she wondered what
      was wrong. He was wandering around sort of wheezing, so when she got up
      next morning and found the bread crumbs she realized what had happened! It
      didn't break him of stealing bread and cakes though!