Re: Jalufka Search

  • Laura Petter Pilgrim
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2002
      --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Joe Garrison" <garrisonfarms@h...> wrote:
      > I am wondering if I might be related to the Ignac Jalufka with the
      general
      > store at Moravia, Texas, or to the Jalufka's - Jalufka House at
      Corpus
      > Christi.
      >
      > I wondered if anyone can give me their parents, or siblings name to
      see if
      > they match up with my grandparents siblings.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Myrna Jalufka Garrison

      Hi Myrna,

      Ignac (aka J.E.) Jalufka and Agnes Holub had three children:
      (that I know of)
      Agnes Jalufka (1881-1965), m. John Rektorik (1878-1964);
      Julius George Julufka (1891-1920), m. Mary Ann Pustjovsky (1891-1966)
      Helen Jalufka (1901-2002), m. Edward Victor Mikulenka (unknown)

      Julius George Jalufka had five children: Maribel, Lawrence, Luella,
      Virginia, and Doris. Virgina Jalufka married my uncle Otto Petter.
      He is deceased, but Aunt Virginia still lives in El Campo.

      Do any of these names connect with yours? I have the spouses names
      of the children if you want them.

      Lolly
      (Laura Petter Pilgrim)
      Houston, TX
    • Sara Barton Juno
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Dear Jalufka Relatives,
        Jalufkas are not related to me but I have always been interested when I see Jalufka in the Subject line, because John Jalufka who lived originally on FM 529 between Weimar and La Grange, entrance to their land just past bridge over ? creek on right on way from Weimar to La Grange, went to Houston in the 1940's and lived with my Dad's sister, Verna Barton Brown in the Heights. My Dad and Aunt always wondered what happened to him after he left my Aunts house. Just curious, thanks, Sara Barton

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • Joe Garrison
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
          Susan,

          Thank you for the info.

          Do you know who the parents were for J.F. Ignatz Jalufka?
          I think the town your thinking of is Mnisi. That is where my branch of
          Jaluvka's were from in Moravia.
          You have sure been a big help to a lot of people. I read all your posts.
          Thanks for sharing.

          Myrna

          Search Jaluvka, Stavinoha, Olsovsky.