E-mail Story to a Friend

  • Matt Cross
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2002
      Default Template
      The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
      Matt Cross thought you may be interested in this article.

      Czech Texans preserve heritage in Lone Star state
      September 16, 2002
      MARK BABINECK<BR>Associated Press

      HOUSTON - If Effie Rosene had her way, every Texan of Czech ancestry would know how to answer

      You can view the entire article at http://thevictoriaadvocate.com/front/story/580481p-712153c.html.

      Thanks for reading the The Victoria Advocate
    • Kathy Podsednik
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2002
        Matt,
        Thanks for the posting.  Great article.  The article also appeared on the front page of Waco Tribune-Herald today 09-16-02 titled "Czechs' mark in Texas still large" with sub title to read-
        It's more than West; state leads U.S. in members of ethnicity

        By the way, -- THANKS - you do a great job of keeping us informed online.

        Kathy Marek Hanzlicek Podsednik

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2002
          What a cute article.  I especially like the ending of it.  Even though I don't speak Czech/Moravian,  I was taught by my mother how to say "How are you?",  "I'm fine and how are you?"  That's all she knows because her grandparents, though Moravian, spoke German instead of Czech and my mom's parents didn't teach their children how to speak any language other than English.  Sad, huh?  Well, at least I have this forum to teach me a lot of things I didn't know. Thanks everyone.

          Nan
        • Jean
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 10, 2004
            The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
            Jean thought you may be interested in this article.

            Louise H. Saha
            June 23, 2004

            <!-- Start View GuestBook Function --><div align=right valign=top><a href =

            You can view the entire article at http://thevictoriaadvocate.com/county_by_county/matagorda/story/2014558p-2332972c.html.

            Thanks for reading the The Victoria Advocate
          • Darlene
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 19, 2005
              The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
              Darlene thought you may be interested in this article.

              I remember cabbage kolaches
              June 9, 2005

              I loved growing up on a farm. Having relatives who lived nearby was an added plus. My Aunt Fannie lived just a half-mile away, a short distance for a kid of 9 or 10. Aunt Fannie was a happy, jolly person. She spoke Czech and I spoke English, but we got along just fine.

              You can view the entire article at http://thevictoriaadvocate.com/special_sections/I_remember/story/2839574p-3288342c.html.

              Thanks for reading the The Victoria Advocate
            • Fr. Fred Janecek
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 24, 2005
                The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
                Fr. Fred Janecek thought you may be interested in this article.

                Helen Grafe - HALLETTSVILLE
                June 25, 2005

                HALLETTSVILLE - Helen Grafe, 94, of Hallettsville, died Friday, June 24, 2005.

                You can view the entire article at http://thevictoriaadvocate.com/Public_Records/Obituaries/story/2877822p-3333350c.html.

                Thanks for reading the The Victoria Advocate
              • Darlene Baker
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
                  The Victoria Advocate - http://TheVictoriaAdvocate.com
                  Darlene Baker thought you may be interested in this article.

                  I remember Melvin and Mary Jane Dusek
                  December 17, 2005

                  In 1962 at the Town and Country Shopping Center I found Melvin's, a little store no bigger than a big walk-in closet that sold children%27s%27 clothes.

                  You can view the entire article at http://thevictoriaadvocate.com/special_sections/I_remember/story/3225711p-3734448c.html.

                  Thanks for reading the The Victoria Advocate