Obituary of Annie Koucorek Jalufka

  • rebellous_99
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2002
      Obituary of Annie Koucorek Jalufka
      Shiner Gazette

      For Mrs. A. Jalufka

      Rites for Mrs. Louis (Annie) Jalufka of Shiner were conducted
      Tuesday, August 14, 1962 from the Buffington Funeral Chapel in Shiner
      at 8:45 a.m. and continued with Requiem Mass at the Shiner Catholic
      Church at 9 o'clock, the Rev. Father John J. Hanacek officiating.
      Burial was in the Shiner Catholic Cemetery.

      Casket attendants were Anthony Spann, Laddie and Edwin Stluka,
      Anthony, Frankie and Edwin Jalufka.

      Mrs. Jalufka died at her home Sunday, August 12 at 4:45 a.m. at the
      age of 80 years, three months and six days.

      Rosaries for the deceased were recited at 7:30 p.m. at the funeral
      chapel Sunday night by the KJZT Society and Monday night by the
      Parish, led by Father John Hanacek, followed by the Altar Society.
      She had membership in both societies. She had been a member of the
      KJZT Lodge for over 50 years.

      She was born in Czechoslovakia May 6, 1882 and at the age of 18 came
      to America. She first settled at Moulton and made her home with her
      sister, Mrs. Mary Sefcik. On November 28, 1905, she was married to
      Louis I. Jalufka in Moulton and after five years of residence there,
      they moved to Shiner, where they have since made their home.

      She is survived by her husband, Louis Jalufka; one daughter, Mrs.
      George (Janie) Spann of Shiner; four grandchildren and three great-
      grandchildren.

      Mrs. Jalufka was preceded in death by two sons, Alphonse on August
      26, 1957 and Laddie October 29, 1959, and a daughter, Annie, who died
      in 1918 at the age of three years; also her parents, Pavel and Anna
      Koucorek; two brothers, Pavel Jr., and the other died in infancy;
      four sisters, Mrs. John (Mary) Sefcik, who died July 10, 1950 in
      Shiner and three sisters who died in Czechoslovakia.

      Submitted by Brenda Lincke Fisseler
      Posted by Matt Cross
    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2002
        Forgot to include the note that on my copy the 26 in Alphonse
        Jalufka's death date is crossed out and replaced with a 25.

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@h...> wrote:
        > Obituary of Annie Koucorek Jalufka
        > Shiner Gazette
        >
        > Mrs. Jalufka was preceded in death by two sons, Alphonse on August
        > 26, 1957
      • Steve Alvarez
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
          Added as a note.