website

  • Kotrla RJ (Richard)
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 15, 2000
      Dear Czechlisters:

      This message is from another list, which I thought I would pass on to you:

      "Ron and I are pleased to announce that the Czech-L website is now up and
      running. We are still working on the listing of surnames and will let you
      know when they will be available at the website.

      If you have favorite websites, please feel free to suggest them to the Czech
      List Administration. They will be considered for inclusion at the website.

      This is your list and your website. We wish all of you good luck in your
      research.

      www.freepages.genealogy.rootweb.com/~elainemaddox/

      Elaine and Ron

      Always like to pass things I have found on to you....

      Richard Kotrla
    • Richard Kotrla
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 15, 2000
        Dear Dan and other Czechlisters:

        Let me find my original info and re-post the website, I tried it too,
        and it wouldn't work. Next time, I will be a little more careful and
        double check if the webstie works.

        Richard
      • Darlene Baker
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 17, 2000
          I don't know if everyone has found this website or not but i have
          found it to be useful.

          www.gendex.com

          Darlene Baker
        • Pat Lyon
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 2, 2001
            I haven't been able to reach http://texasczechs.homestead.com/

            I am interested in the Fayette County extracts.

            Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban, father Rinert F. Sommerfeld)
            patsroar@...
            Researching:  Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Svach, Simik, Jarma, Kralanowski, Stasny, Ledvig/Ladwig, Novak,Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek, Sommerfeld, Behnke, et al.
          • Lois Petter Pereira
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 2, 2001
              If you link to my homepage at the bottom of the page. Then click on
              Index to Mistek book. Then go to the bottom of that page and there is a
              link to the 1910 Fayette co census. I just don't know why you couldn't
              get to ourczech homesite because you have it
              typed correctly. Maybe it was down when you tried ? who knows.....lois

              --
              Lois Petter Pereira
              Researching Ahlhorm, Bokemeyer, Brdusik, Bruntrig, Cordes, Filges,
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 2, 2001
                Lois---I czeched out ur website--what an amazing creation---great job---
                Emily Leshikar
                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 20, 2001
                  We have a new website for the Czech Club in Dallas. Its
                  http://www.geocities.com/czechclub2002
                  Come on over to visit!!
                  Happy Holidays to all!!
                  John Vrla

                  > There are 14 messages in this issue.
                  >
                  > Topics in this digest:
                  >
                  > 1. Fw: Christmas Season
                  > From: "John L. Mikeska" <jlmikeska@...>
                  > 2. Thanks and Seasons Greetings
                  > From: "george patrick" <GPATRICK@...>
                  > 3. Obituary of Fern Drawe Rohan
                  > From: "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@...>
                  > 4. Obituary of Clarence Kneblik
                  > From: "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@...>
                  > 5. Re: Obituary of Fern Drawe Rohan
                  > From: Lois Pereira <epereira@...>
                  > 6. Re: Obituary of Fern Drawe Rohan
                  > From: "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@...>
                  > 7. Obituary of Clarence Franklin
                  > From: "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@...>
                  > 8. Re: Re: Obituary of Fern Drawe Rohan
                  > From: Lois Pereira <epereira@...>
                  > 9. Re: Thanks and Seasons Greetings
                  > From: Lois Pereira <epereira@...>
                  > 10. Re: Obituary of Fern Drawe Rohan
                  > From: Leroy Janda <ljanda@...>
                  > 11. Rohans
                  > From: Lois Pereira <epereira@...>
                  > 12. Re: Obituary of Fern Drawe Rohan
                  > From: "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@...>
                  > 13. Re: Rohans
                  > From: "rebellous_99" <lennonluv@...>
                  > 14. Vsetin, Texas
                  > From: darlenbaker@...

                  > Message: 1
                  > Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:32:43 -0600
                  > From: "John L. Mikeska" <jlmikeska@...>
                  > Subject: Fw: Christmas Season
                  >
                  > Hi members,
                  >
                  > Everyone so busy with the Christmas Season, been kinda quiet on the list, as
                  > usual this time of the year. But with all the merriment forthcoming - worth
                  > the rest.
                  >
                  > Received request for "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" in Czech.
                  > Found Eva's posting of last December in our archives and posting it again
                  > for any that may want to spice up their mailings
                  >
                  > Believe it was Kathy Horak Smith that posted the message with sound
                  > recording attachment of the phrase. Believe it was December 27th postings.

                • Michael or Diana Voytek
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 5, 2003
                    Probably you all know about this website. If not...

                    http://www.iarelative.com/czech/
                  • carolyn hammond
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 17, 2006
                      what is the link to the website, I cannot find it.
                    • Cindy Neal
                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 17, 2006
                        Message
                        The CHS website?  It's www.czechheritage.org and thanks for asking :o)

                        Cindy Neal
                        Webmaster

                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 19, 2006
                          I found this website: www.fooddownunder.com put in poppyseed in the search window on this site and it comes up with tons of recipes for poppyseed.  I remember my aunts would make these poppyseed kolaches and I didn't like them very much then,  they looked like coffeegrinds.  Ha! Ha!

                          Diane
                        • Doris Beseda
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                            I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it and thought I would share it.

                            www.rodclan.cz

                            Doris Beseda

                            Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join Live Search Club!
                          • Sir John
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                              Wish is were in English.

                              Sir John

                              Doris Beseda <dbeseda@...> wrote:
                              I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it and thought I would share it.

                              www.rodclan. cz

                              Doris Beseda

                              Play free games, earn tickets, get cool prizes! Join Live Search Club.   Join Live Search Club!

                              Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
                            • Cindy Neal
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                                John, if you click on the "English Help" link by the US Flag, it will tell
                                you how to search the database if you don't speak Czech!

                                Cindy

                                ________________________________

                                I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it
                                and thought I would share it.

                                www.rodclan.cz <http://www.rodclan.cz/>

                                Doris Beseda

                                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                12:47 PM
                              • Sir John

                                  I am sure you have all seen this website but I just stumbled upon it
                                  and thought I would share it.

                                  www.rodclan.cz

                                  Doris Beseda

                                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                                  12:47 PM

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:
                                  mailto:TexasCzechs-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                  mailto:TexasCzechs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                                      I could roam the site but as soon as I clicked on the English Help my system hung.

                                      Gilbert

                                      ____________ _________ _________ __

                                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/TexasCzech s/

                                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/TexasCzech s/join

                                    • livanec@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                                        Click to the right of the flag.

                                        See what's free at AOL.com.
                                      • Cindy Neal
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jun 3, 2007
                                          What it says is:

                                          General Help - Surname Database

                                          Welcome to Rod a Clan!  Our web site has a simple goal - to provide users who search for ancestors in the Czech Republic with genealogical information and links to other researchers who may be able to exchange data with you.

                                          Since the Surname Database (Databáze Příjmení) does not have an English interface, here are some basic guidelines that should help English speaking folks get registered and add surnames to the database. I tried to provide step-by-step instructions to make it as easy as possible, but if you get stuck or see something that doesn't make sense, please send me an email.

                                          Registration:

                                          1) From the main page click on "registrace" to go to the registration page.

                                          2) Enter the requested information:
                                              Email - your email address where others can contact you
                                              Jméno - Your first name
                                              Príjmení - Your last name
                                              Web - your genealogical web pages (if you have any, otherwise leave blank)
                                              Ano, chci odebírat Emailový mesícník (you can select this checkbox to receive a list of new surnames added to the database each month)

                                          3) Click on the "Zaregistrovat" button.

                                          4) If you entered correct information (we try to validate email), you should see the message below. It says that your registration was successful and you shall receive your password via email. If you see anything else, your registration was not completed successfully, most likely because you entered invalid email.

                                          Vaše registrace proběhla úspěšně. Za okamžik vám emailem pošleme heslo, které budete moci použít pro přihlášení na váš účet. Pokud byste do 24 hodin tuto email nedostali, napište nám do redakce a my registraci prověříme.

                                          5) Upon receiving email from Rod & Clan with the subject line Rod & Clan - registrace, you have your password. It is a six-character string on the third line by itself (see sample message below with xxxxxx).

                                          Dobrý den, gratulujeme vám k úspěšné registraci na genealogických stránkách Rod a Clan.
                                          Vaše uživatelské heslo je:
                                          xxxxxx

                                          Login:

                                          6) Go back to the main page and log in by entering your email and password into the fields on the top left side (Email: and Heslo:) and hitting Enter or clicking on the blue arrow. Be careful to enter your password correctly - some pesky characters like number zero/letter O or number one/lowercase L can look similar. The best bet is to copy the password from the email you received and paste it into the password field.

                                          7) Once you are logged in, you should see a frame titled "Moje Data - Výpis vašich předků". This is a list of your surnames in the database (so far empty). If you don't see this title, login was not successful - most likely because you entered incorrect email or password.

                                          Adding Surnames:

                                          8) Assuming you are logged in, you have four links on the left-side panel. They do the following:
                                          moje data - displays your surnames
                                          kontaktní údaje - displays your contact information (name, email, web) and also allows you to change password
                                          přidat příjmení - this lets you add surnames to the database
                                          odhlásit - logout

                                          9) So let's add some surnames. Click on the "přidat příjmení" link. It brings up a form asking for three pieces of information:
                                          Příjmení - surname you want to add
                                          Obec - place (village/town) where your ancestors were from; you can enter one or more village/city names here
                                          Oblast - region (this is a drop-down list with Czech regions. If you are unsure what region to use, simply leave this field at the default setting Jiná oblast which means other region). If you want to find a specific region, there is a good interactive map of Czech regions and cities at Czech cities and villages.

                                          With all information entered, click on the button "Přidat údaje", which will add the surname to the database.

                                          10) If you did everything right, you should be looking at the page with your surnames and the one you just entered should be listed there. You can add more surnames following the same steps.

                                          11) You can also edit or delete your existing surnames simply by clicking on the green links on the left side of your existing surnames. "UPRAVIT" means edit and "SMAZAT" means delete (to delete a surname, you have to click on SMAZAT and then confirm deletion on the next page by clicking on another SMAZAT again).

                                          12) Just to make sure your names are listed in the database now, click on "nová příjmení" on the main page which lists names added in the past 30 days. Yours should be listed there.

                                          By clicking on any surname you should be able to invoke an email to be sent to your address. Also if you entered your genealogical web site during the registration, there will be a blue icon next to the surname. Clicking on it will open your web pages. This feature is useful when you want to research genealogical information other users made available on their web sites.

                                          Enjoy,

                                          Honza Uher

                                          Cindy Neal

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jun 4, 2007
                                            I used the "English Help" to list my surnames. I printed out the
                                            instructions and just followed them. They worked just the way it was
                                            written. I DO wish I could read the main part of the site, but I think its
                                            just a list of notes to tell what has been going on with the site like
                                            outages, etc. I could make out some words.

                                            Nan

                                            > John, if you click on the "English Help" link by the US Flag, it will tell
                                            > you how to search the database if you don't speak Czech!
                                            >
                                            > Cindy

                                          • Nangotoo