Re: [TexasCzechs] Temple newspapers

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Matt,

      I went to the local newspaper in Temple 1 1/2 yrs ago to look some records.  I think they keep newspapers for maybe a month, and then sent to the Temple Library.  They microfilm the newspapers and you can view them in that manner.

      Don't think any of that is online.

      Check for McClendon County (?) Genealogy Society,  Not sure of the name.  I attended once of their seminars while working in Austin.  They met in the library.  May have some help there.

      Sir John
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        There is a little known publication, "The Chisholm Trail", which is the
        Williamson County Genealogical Society's quarterly newsletter, which is
        a great source of births, deaths, marriages, immigration, etc.

        Available at most libraries.