West Czech Brethren Men about 1910/1911

  • Russell Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2002
      This picture was a copy that was given to me by Marvin Hegar. These were the leaders in the Czech Brethren Church in its early days in West, TX.  Supposedly 1 name is wrong.  I don't know which one, but Andrew Janek (Married to Anna Barton) looks different in this picture than all the other ones I have.  But, he was a very strong leader in this church so it very well be a young version of him.

      Top row: (Do not know first one), Ernest Rydel [Hodslavice], Tom Blaha (married to Rosina Hegar), Andrew Janek [Hodslavice] (married to Anna Barton), Josef Janek [Hodslavice] (married to Marie Merenda), Frank Kudelka [Hodslavice] (Married to Mary Toman)

      3rd Row: Michael Fabian, Josef Hegar [Hodslavice/Hostasovice] (father of Rev. Joseph Hegar), Andew Krizan [Hodslavice], Josef Svacek [Hodslavice], Andrew Janek [born in Weimar,TX; father from Hodslavice]

      2nd Row: John Janek [Hodslavice] (married to Marie Barton), George Fabian, John Hegar [Hodslavice/Hostasovice], John Foit, Frank P. Barton [Hodslavice],

      Front Row: Joseph Barton [Hodslavice] (married to Anna Kudelka), Joseph Horak [Hodslavice] (married to Rosie Merenda), Frank Horak [Hodslavice] (married to Anna Janek)