Rev Joseph Barton

  • Russell Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2002
      Rev. Joseph Barton's parents were Jan Barton & Anna Hegar.  Rev. Joseph Hegar's parents were Joseph Hegar & Frantiska Bartek.  Both ministers came from Hodslavice.  Joseph Hegar (Rev. Joseph's father) & Anna (Hegar) Barton were brother and sister.  Therefore, they were first cousins.  I had been curious as to who Jan Barton was and where did he fit in the picture with all the other Barton's from Hodslavice.  I had even heard a story once that he wasn't from Hodslavice.  Well, the mystery has been solved.  He is from Hodslavice.  He is also Joseph Barton (Doris & Corey's Joseph) 1/2 brother.  I heard from Martin today and he verified my suspicions.  Below is the information he sent for documentation.  Okay, now more questions to answer.  I'll get back with y'all when I have more information.  Kathy

      Regional Archive of Opava, wedding registers

      of protestant parish Hodslavice

      Book Page Date Place Groom Age Born Bride Age Born Witnesses, Notes

      CM III 9 2 7 May 1882 Hodslavice Jan Barton Corporal of 4th Fortress Artillery Batalion, 5th Comp., single son of Jozef Barton, cottager from Hodslavice #132 and his wife Rozina daughter of cottager Jozef Kunetek 15 Jul 1857 Hodslavice #132 Anna Hegar daughter of Jozef Hegar cottager at Hodslavice #67 and his wife Julianna daughter of cottager Jozef Byma 6 Nov 1863 Hostasovice #33 Jork? Toman cottager at Hodslavice #169 Jiri Barton cottager at Hodslavice #137

    • J.D. Kotrla-Chipps
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2002
        I have just returned from Granger, where I spent a very productive two
        hours at the Brethern church, then I went to the Brethern Cemetery and
        got the following information:

        Rev Josef Barton b. Sep 26, 1886 Hodslavice, Moravia
        d. Aug 26, 1945 Granger, Tx.

        From the church I learned that he was the first resident minister,
        (1910), (before that Rev. Chlumsky from Brenem would commute)
        (Wife)
        Albina b.Mar 25, 1893 Corn Hill, Tx
        d. Oct 11, 1979 Austin, Tx

        Two sons were killed during WWII, and memorial stones are placed there
        in the family plot for them.

        Daniel Barton
        (PFC 499 B.S.- B-25's)
        b. Jul 27, 1921 Granger
        Drafted Sep 11, 1942
        Killed off Leyte Nov 12, 1944
        Buried Dulag, Leyte P.I.

        Theodore Barton
        (2nd Lt. 424 B.S. - B-24's)
        b. Jun 27, 1917 Granger
        Drafted #158 Dec 24, 1941
        Killed of Guadalcanal Feb 13, 1945
        Fell at sea near Bougainville

        Rev Josef Adolf Barton
        b. Oct 12, 1913
        d. Jan 29, 1979
        (Wife)
        Elsie Lydia
        b. Jun 20, 1916
        d. Jan 8, 2001

        Russell Smith wrote:

        > Rev. Joseph Barton's parents were Jan Barton & Anna Hegar. Rev.
        > Joseph Hegar's parents were Joseph Hegar & Frantiska Bartek. Both
        > ministers came from Hodslavice. Joseph Hegar (Rev. Joseph's father) &
        > Anna (Hegar) Barton were brother and sister. Therefore, they were
        > first cousins. I had been curious as to who Jan Barton was and where
        > did he fit in the picture with all the other Barton's from
        > Hodslavice. I had even heard a story once that he wasn't from
        > Hodslavice. Well, the mystery has been solved. He is from
        > Hodslavice. He is also Joseph Barton (Doris & Corey's Joseph) 1/2
        > brother. I heard from Martin today and he verified my suspicions.
        > Below is the information he sent for documentation. Okay, now more
        > questions to answer. I'll get back with y'all when I have more
        > information. Kathy
        >

        > Regional Archive of Opava, wedding registersof protestant parish
        > Hodslavice
        >
        > Book Page Date Place Groom Age Born Bride Age Born Witnesses, Notes
        >
        > CM III 9 2 7 May 1882 Hodslavice Jan Barton Corporal of 4th Fortress
        > Artillery Batalion, 5th Comp., single son of Jozef Barton, cottager
        > from Hodslavice #132 and his wife Rozina daughter of cottager Jozef
        > Kunetek 15 Jul 1857 Hodslavice #132 Anna Hegar daughter of Jozef Hegar
        > cottager at Hodslavice #67 and his wife Julianna daughter of cottager
        > Jozef Byma 6 Nov 1863 Hostasovice #33 Jork? Toman cottager at
        > Hodslavice #169 Jiri Barton cottager at Hodslavice #137

      • D. Coats
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2002

          Thank you so much for taking the time to get the Barton information at the Brethren Cemetery.  Now that I know that Rev. Joseph Barton belongs in my family tree, your information means even more to me than it did when I last replied to your message.  Thanks to Kathy, we now have connected my Josef Barton to Jan Barton (father of Rev. Josef Barton)!!!!!!

          Doris

          Researching: Barton Kudelka Drgac Marek

          I have just returned from Granger, where I spent a very productive two
          hours at the Brethern church, then I went to the Brethern Cemetery and
          got the following information:

          Rev Josef Barton b. Sep 26, 1886 Hodslavice, Moravia
                                     d. Aug 26, 1945 Granger, Tx.

          From the church I learned that he was the first resident minister,

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 30, 2002
            I'm sure you already noticed, but both the Josef Bartons listed below,
            were ministers of the Brethern Church there in Granger. (father and son)

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002

              I wasn’t aware that the younger Josef Barton was a minister there too.  If someone told me before, it didn’t register in my mind.  Thanks for pointing it our to me.

              Doris

              .

              href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=228862.2128520.3581629.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705040837:HM/A=1155066/R=0/*http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-1039-302">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=228862.2128520.3581629.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705040837:HM/A=1155066/R=0/*http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/990-1736-1039-302>