OBIT: Viola Berckenhoff Albrecht

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2002
      Victoria Advocate Online, 7/9/02:

      Viola Albrecht

      E-mail Story to a FriendPrinter Friendly
      July 7, 2002

      PORT LAVACA - Viola "Ollie" Albrecht, 79, of Port Lavaca, and formerly of Cuero, died Friday, July 5, 2002.

      She was born June 11, 1923, in Shiner, to the late Alvin and Ella Jahn Berckenhoff. She worked 17 years in the Cuero High School cafeteria and was a Lutheran.

      Survivors: sons, Shelton Albrecht and Kirby Albrecht, both of Port Lavaca; brother, Otto Berckenhoff of Corpus Christi; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.

      Preceded in death by: husband, Ervin Albrecht; parents; and brother, Gilbert Laake.

      Visitation will be 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight at Freund Funeral Home chapel.

      Services

    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2002
        As you know I research extensively with the Berckenhoff line. A
        couple notes on this obituary.

        1) Otto Berckenhoff is listed as a survivor; he is deceased and I
        posted his obituary last year shortly after his passing.

        2) Gilbert Laake is listed as a brother. He is actually a half-
        brother as his mother remarried following the untimely death of her
        father at the age of 24.

        --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@G...> wrote:
        > Victoria Advocate Online, 7/9/02:
        >
        > Viola Albrecht
        >
        > E-mail Story to a Friend Printer Friendly
        > July 7, 2002
        >

        > View/Sign Guest Book
        > PORT LAVACA - Viola "Ollie" Albrecht, 79, of Port Lavaca, and
        formerly of Cuero, died Friday, July 5, 2002.
        > She was born June 11, 1923, in Shiner, to the late Alvin and Ella
        Jahn Berckenhoff. She worked 17 years in the Cuero High School
        cafeteria and was a Lutheran.

        > Survivors: sons, Shelton Albrecht and Kirby Albrecht, both of Port
        Lavaca; brother, Otto Berckenhoff of Corpus Christi; five
        grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.

        > Preceded in death by: husband, Ervin Albrecht; parents; and
        brother, Gilbert Laake.

        > Visitation will be 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight at Freund Funeral
        Home chapel.

        > Services
      • Steve Alvarez