Re: new member Doris

  • d_barton_coats
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 10:21 AM
      Hi Pat,

      Thank you for your help. Joe Janecka also guided me to Texas Czech
      Heritage Society. I have printed off their application for
      membership and most definitely will be joining. I had no idea there
      was so much help and support out there. Thanks to both of you.

      Doris
      Researching: Barton Kudelka Drgac Marek

      --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Pat Lyon" <patsroar@h...> wrote:
      > Welcome Doris! You really need to be in touch with the folks from
      the
      > McLennan-Hill County chapter of the Texas Czech Heritage Society.
      You
      > should be able to get a lot of info from the folks on this site.

    • george patrick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9 8:35 AM
        Hi Pat,
        On your families list, I noticed Zapalac which I think we have discussed
        before. Could you refresh my memory? Do you have info. on the GG(?)
        grandmother Zapalac who would have been born in Moravia in the 1810s or
        1820s? If so, who did she marry?

        The more I look at this the more I am convinced that Martin Stepan along
        with 5 family members and the Zapalac family with a large number of family
        members arrived in Galveston in June, 1855 on the Von Vinek and, for some
        reason, were traveling under the names: "Stephan" and Zatalates". See IDB
        @GSM. The Von Venek sailed from Germany which means a German crew
        transporting a large group of Moravians so perhaps the person responsible
        for preparint the passenger list "wrote what his ears heard".

        According to a family researcher, they settled in Washington County and are
        buried in Wesley Cemetery. Seems like everything I look at fits except the
        spelling of the last names.

        Just a thought,

        George
        > Welcome Doris! You really need to be in touch with the folks from the
        > McLennan-Hill County chapter of the Texas Czech Heritage Society. You
        > should be able to get a lot of info from the folks on this site.
        >
        > Pat Sommerfeld Lyon (mother Anna Victoria Urban, father Rinert F.
        > Sommerfeld)
        > patsroar@...
        > Researching Maternal line:
        > From Novy Hrozenkov, Moravia: Urban, Orsag/Orsak, Malik, Zbranek, Vasku,
        > Uherek, Zapalac
        > From Frystak, Moravia: Svach, Simik
        > Other: Gaas, Vavra, Kunetka, Jarma, Prochaska, Bacak, Stasny,
        > Ledvig/Ladwig/Ladeweg, Hubanek, Soukup, Cabron, Rejcek,Slovak, Kmiec,
        Tesar,