Re: [TexasCzechs] Need Recipe for Segedinsky Gulas!
- Goulash with sauerkraut
Serves 4 - 6 people
Ingredients:750g (1 1/2lb) pork, cut into 2 cm (1 inch) cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
500 ml sauerkraut
250 ml (1 cup) milk
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 tbs. flour or cornstarch
Paprika powder to taste
Ground Caraway Seeds to taste
Salt and Pepper to tastePreparation:1. In a pan, add the oil and the onion. Cook for 1 minute.
2. Add cubed meat, paprika powder, ground caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Cook until the meat is browned (10
3. After the meat is browned and 250 ml (1 cup) of water, cover and let cook until the meat is soft.
4. Add the sauerkraut and a little more water to reach the consistency of a stew. Cover and let simmer for another 15 min or until the sauerkraut is soft.
5. Dissolve 1 tbs. of flour or cornstarch in the milk and add to the Goulash. Mix well. Cook for a few more minutes and serve.This dish should be served with dumplings or fresh rye bread......thanks,
Carolyn Theuber Louviere
Houston, Tx 77092
Spacek, Kubena, Kubicek, Pradeczka, Stefek, Peter,
Haluschka, Muran, Theuber, Hein, Hait, Cabron, Fraitier----- Original Message -----From: <FMikula@...>Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 6:43 PMSubject: [TexasCzechs] Need Recipe for Segedinsky Gulas!> Can anyone of our TexasCzechs help Petr out??
>send an email to:
> To unsubscribe from this group,
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
- Yummmmmmmmmmm! I might have to try this out this weekend if the wet
weather keeps up. Sounds like a rib-sticker! Thanks for sharing!