Re: [TexasCzechs] New Member, Family of Barton Kudelka Drgac and Marek

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2002
      Any relation to Josef Adolf Barton (dob Oct. 12, 1913  & dod Jan. 29, 1979) who married Elsie Lydia Pokorny?  Other ancestors include Josef's parents:  Joseph Barton & Albina Mikelencak and Josf's grandparents (Joseph's parents):  Jan Barton & Anna Hegar.
      Jan

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2002
        Hi Jan,
        I have a database of about 350 descendents for Josef Barton and Anna
        Kudelka. Sorry, but I don't have any of the names or dates you are
        asking about in there. Perhaps if I can research further back, we
        might find ther is a realtionship. I'm still trying.

        Doris

        --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Jan" <toni@s...> wrote:
        > Any relation to Josef Adolf Barton (dob Oct. 12, 1913 & dod Jan.
        29, 1979) who married Elsie Lydia Pokorny? Other ancestors include
        Josef's parents: Joseph Barton & Albina Mikelencak and Josf's
        grandparents (Joseph's parents): Jan Barton & Anna Hegar.
        > Jan
        >
        > http://joekopecky.homestead.com
        > http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
        and Marek
      • Joe Janecka
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2002
          On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:30:08 -0500, you wrote:

          >I just found this group and am totally overwhelmed with all the Czech
          >information, links, and support this group has. Here I thought I had to do
          >it alone!
          >
          >I want to let all the members know a little about my family and me.
          >
          >I am the daughter of Bennie A. Barton, born in Abbot, Texas
          >Bennie is the son of Victor Barton and Rosalie Drgac.
          > Victor Barton was born is West, Texas and Rosalie was born in
          >Port Lavaca, TX
          >Victor is the son of Josef Barton and Anna Kudelka
          > Both were born in Hodslavice, Czechoslavakia and immigrated here
          >through Galveston port around 1870.
          >Rosalie is the daughter of John Drgac and Rosalie Marek. (not too confident
          >about this)
          >
          >I would love to hear from anyone researching names in my family tree.

          Welcome to the group Doris.

          You might want to check the McLennan-Hill County genealogy file, which
          I have on-line. I have 4 Josef Bartons listed from Hodslavice.
          Unfortunately, none of them was married to Anna Kudelka, but you may
          want to check them anyway! In addition, there are 4 Joseph Bartons.
          Must be a common name amongst the Bartons.

          The website is at: http://www.geocities.com/goodolejoe/czech-tx.htm
          Password will be in a seperate, untitled e-mail.

          Cheers,
          Joe
          http://www.geocities.com/goodolejoe
        • epavlik
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2002

            To: D. Coats

            I have some research from the Hodslavice area on both the Barton and Kudelka surnames.

            My paternal great grandfather is Josef Kunetka son of Josef Kunetka and Anna Rydel born 29 March 1837 in Holdslavice. He married 3 March 1867 my paternal great grandmother Ann Barton daughter of Franz Barton and Marianna Merenda born 13 September 1836 in Hodslavice.

            My maternal great grandfather is Josef Kudelka son of Frantz Kudelka and Anna Sedlak born 5 June 1831 in Hodslavice. He married Anna Hromadka daughter of ? and Rosina Hromadka born 19 September 1836 in Hodslavice.

            Do you know the parents of your Josef Barton and Anna Kudelka and their dates of birth.  I have information on several other Barton and Kudelka families.

            Erwin A. Pavlik

          • darlenbaker@cs.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 3, 2002
              HI,

              I live in Port Lavaca in Six Mile where your families were.  Need any help let me know.   What other Mareks are you related to here in PL??

              Darlene Baker
              Port Lavaca, Tx
              Researching:
              mine:
              Rokyta, Barton, Balusek, Melnar, Coufal, Dusek,Marek, Kotrla,Krizak, Krizek, Pustejovsky, Michna, Valchar, Machac, Trlica, Janus or Janous, Sugarek, Mikulencak, Michalik,  Mucela/Mucala, Pecena, Vojtek, Woytek

            • patmerci
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 3, 2002
                Doris,
                My great-aunt Frantiska (Frances) Kracala married a John Drgac in
                Calhoun County, and they lived in Six Mile, which is very close to
                Port Lavaca. In the 1920 Calhoun County Texas U.S. Census, they are
                listed in Enumeration District no. 13, sheet no. 4A. In 1920, John
                Drgac was 29, had been born in Texas but both his parents had been
                born in Moravia. Frances Kracala Drgac was 21 at the time. She was
                born in Moravia as well, and I know she immigrated to the Port of
                Galveston in 1904.

                On another sheet of the same 1920 census it shows Rosalie Drgac, age
                68 I believe (the image is fuzzy), living with my great-uncle John
                Kracala and his wife, Thonny, age 26. I believe Thonny is short for
                Antonia. He married Antonia Drgac. Sedonia Drgac was also living
                with John and Thonny Kracala. Sedonia was age 22, from what I can
                tell from this image.

                I know I have some additional info on the Drgac's, I believe from
                the 1910 Calhoun County Texas Census. If you like, I could check
                this as well and let you have the info.

                John and Frances Drgac are both buried at Six Mile Cemetery, in
                Calhoun County Texas near Port Lavaca.

                Pat Mercincavage
                researching Machacek, Kracala/Krachala, Svetlik, Hieronymus, Shaw
                and many others...

                --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "D. Coats" <coats@v...> wrote:
                > Halo! to all
                >
                > I just found this group and am totally overwhelmed with all the
                Czech
                > information, links, and support this group has. Here I thought I
                had to do
                > it alone!
                >
                > I want to let all the members know a little about my family and me.
                >
                > I am the daughter of Bennie A. Barton, born in Abbot, Texas
                > Bennie is the son of Victor Barton and Rosalie Drgac.
                > Victor Barton was born is West, Texas and Rosalie was
                born in
                > Port Lavaca, TX
                > Victor is the son of Josef Barton and Anna Kudelka
                > Both were born in Hodslavice, Czechoslavakia and
                immigrated here
                > through Galveston port around 1870.
                > Rosalie is the daughter of John Drgac and Rosalie Marek. (not too
                confident
                > about this)
                >
                > I would love to hear from anyone researching names in my family
                tree.

                > Doris
              • John M Janacek
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 5, 2002
                  I am not looking for anything however, Sara Barton is looking for
                  information on SUGAREK maybe you can help her. Her e-mail address is
                  sabarton@...

                  Sincerely,
                  John M. Janacek
                • d_barton_coats
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 7, 2002
                    Thanks John,
                    I will contact her.

                    Doris

                    --- In TexasCzechs@y..., John M Janacek <jeremj@j...> wrote:
                    > I am not looking for anything however, Sara Barton is looking for
                    > information on SUGAREK maybe you can help her. Her e-mail address
                    is
                    > sabarton@j...
                    >

                    > Sincerely,
                    > John M. Janacek
                  • george patrick
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 8, 2002
                      Hi Joe,
                      A few months back, you E-mailed me a password and I reviewed your site with
                      interest. I planned to return from time to time but, as with so many things
                      in my life, I seemed to have misplaced it. Would you mind either resending
                      the password or issue me a replacement? I will take better care this time.

                      Thanks,

                      George