Need Recipe for Segedinsky Gulas!

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002
      Can anyone of our TexasCzechs help Petr out??
    • Carolyn Louviere
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2002

        Goulash with sauerkraut
        Segedinsky gulas
        Serves 4 - 6 people
        Ingredients:

        750g (1 1/2lb) pork, cut into 2 cm (1 inch) cubes
        1 medium onion, chopped
        500 ml sauerkraut
        250 ml (1 cup) milk
        2 tbs. vegetable oil
        1 tbs. flour or cornstarch
        Paprika powder to taste
        Ground Caraway Seeds to taste
        Salt and Pepper to taste

        Preparation:

        1. In a pan, add the oil and the onion.  Cook for 1 minute.
        2. Add cubed meat, paprika powder, ground caraway seeds, salt, and pepper.  Cook until the meat is browned (10
            -15 min)
        3. After the meat is browned and 250 ml (1 cup) of water, cover and let cook until the meat is soft.
        4. Add the sauerkraut and a little more water to reach the consistency of a stew.  Cover and let simmer for another 15 min or until the sauerkraut is soft.
        5. Dissolve 1 tbs. of flour or cornstarch in the milk and add to the Goulash. Mix well.  Cook for a few more minutes and serve.

        This dish should be served with dumplings or fresh rye bread.
        .....thanks,
        Carolyn Theuber Louviere
        Houston, Tx 77092
        Home:
        ctheuber@...
        Researching:
        Spacek,  Kubena, Kubicek,  Pradeczka, Stefek, Peter,
        Haluschka, Muran, Theuber,  Hein, Hait, Cabron, Fraitier
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
          Yummmmmmmmmmm! I might have to try this out this weekend if the wet
          weather keeps up. Sounds like a rib-sticker! Thanks for sharing!

          Anita Berka