Re: [TexasCzechs] Off Topic - Hotels/BB in Caldwell or Bastrop area

  • Anita Berka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2002
      Jan,

      No B&B's right off the top of my head, but in Caldwell, there's the
      Surrey Inn at the intersection of 36 and 21.

      There's also a hotel on 36N in front of the Walmart shopping center, but
      I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The owners, to put it nicely, think
      ripping off Americans is a hoot. My aunt used to work there and has
      told me stories of linens not being changed regularly, complaints from
      guests of dirty rooms, etc., so I would steer clear of that place.

      Anita Berka
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
        Anita,
        Thanks for the info. I'll be sure and avoid any hotel near in front of a
        Walmart.... : -)
        Jan

        http://joekopecky.homestead.com
        http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
        > No B&B's right off the top of my head, but in Caldwell, there's the
        > Surrey Inn at the intersection of 36 and 21.
        >
        > There's also a hotel on 36N in front of the Walmart shopping center, but
        > I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The owners, to put it nicely, think
        > ripping off Americans is a hoot. My aunt used to work there and has
        > told me stories of linens not being changed regularly, complaints from
        > guests of dirty rooms, etc., so I would steer clear of that place.
        >
        > Anita Berka

      • Jan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
          Thank you Matt. I'll check out this web site! (How do you know so much at
          such a young age??? :- ) )

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
            Jan,

            Matt is Czech, I betcha!  Why he's so schmardt!

            Sir John

          • Jan
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
              I have to agree with you there Sir John!  In fact, I almost put that in my e-mail to Matt....  : - )