Re: [TexasCzechs] Off Topic - Hotels/BB in Caldwell or Bastrop area

  • Anita Berka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2002
      Jan,

      No B&B's right off the top of my head, but in Caldwell, there's the
      Surrey Inn at the intersection of 36 and 21.

      There's also a hotel on 36N in front of the Walmart shopping center, but
      I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The owners, to put it nicely, think
      ripping off Americans is a hoot. My aunt used to work there and has
      told me stories of linens not being changed regularly, complaints from
      guests of dirty rooms, etc., so I would steer clear of that place.

      Anita Berka
    • rebellous_99
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
        Jan,

        I don't live in that area but do know of a great website for what you
        are looking for. The address is http://www.hat.org

        Matt

        --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Jan" <toni@s...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know of any hotels or bed and breakfasts in the College
        Station, Caldwell or Bastrop area that allow pets?
        > I know this is off-topic, but also know some of you guys live in
        that area. Thanks a bunch.
        > Jan
        >
        > http://joekopecky.homestead.com
        > http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
      • Jan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
          Anita,
          Thanks for the info. I'll be sure and avoid any hotel near in front of a
          Walmart.... : -)
          Jan

          http://joekopecky.homestead.com
          http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
          > No B&B's right off the top of my head, but in Caldwell, there's the
          > Surrey Inn at the intersection of 36 and 21.
          >
          > There's also a hotel on 36N in front of the Walmart shopping center, but
          > I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The owners, to put it nicely, think
          > ripping off Americans is a hoot. My aunt used to work there and has
          > told me stories of linens not being changed regularly, complaints from
          > guests of dirty rooms, etc., so I would steer clear of that place.
          >
          > Anita Berka

        • Jan
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
            Thank you Matt. I'll check out this web site! (How do you know so much at
            such a young age??? :- ) )
            Jan

            http://joekopecky.homestead.com
            http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
            > I don't live in that area but do know of a great website for what you
            > are looking for. The address is http://www.hat.org
            >
            > Matt
            >

            > --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Jan" <toni@s...> wrote:
            > > Does anyone know of any hotels or bed and breakfasts in the College
            > Station, Caldwell or Bastrop area that allow pets?
            > > I know this is off-topic, but also know some of you guys live in
            > that area. Thanks a bunch.
            > > Jan
            > >
            > > http://joekopecky.homestead.com
            > > http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html

          • John L. Mikeska
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
              Jan,

              Matt is Czech, I betcha!  Why he's so schmardt!

              Sir John

            • Jan
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
                I have to agree with you there Sir John!  In fact, I almost put that in my e-mail to Matt....  : - )