Re: [TexasCzechs] Off Topic - Hotels/BB in Caldwell or Bastrop area

  • Anita Berka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2002
      Jan,

      No B&B's right off the top of my head, but in Caldwell, there's the
      Surrey Inn at the intersection of 36 and 21.

      There's also a hotel on 36N in front of the Walmart shopping center, but
      I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The owners, to put it nicely, think
      ripping off Americans is a hoot. My aunt used to work there and has
      told me stories of linens not being changed regularly, complaints from
      guests of dirty rooms, etc., so I would steer clear of that place.

      Anita Berka
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
        Does anyone know of any hotels or bed and breakfasts in the College Station, Caldwell or Bastrop area that allow pets?
        I know this is off-topic, but also know some of you guys live in that area.  Thanks a bunch.
        Jan

      • rebellous_99
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
          Jan,

          I don't live in that area but do know of a great website for what you
          are looking for. The address is http://www.hat.org

          Matt

          --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Jan" <toni@s...> wrote:
          > Does anyone know of any hotels or bed and breakfasts in the College
          Station, Caldwell or Bastrop area that allow pets?
          > I know this is off-topic, but also know some of you guys live in
          that area. Thanks a bunch.
          > Jan
          >
          > http://joekopecky.homestead.com
          > http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
        • Jan
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
            Anita,
            Thanks for the info. I'll be sure and avoid any hotel near in front of a
            Walmart.... : -)
            Jan

            http://joekopecky.homestead.com
            http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
            > No B&B's right off the top of my head, but in Caldwell, there's the
            > Surrey Inn at the intersection of 36 and 21.
            >
            > There's also a hotel on 36N in front of the Walmart shopping center, but
            > I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The owners, to put it nicely, think
            > ripping off Americans is a hoot. My aunt used to work there and has
            > told me stories of linens not being changed regularly, complaints from
            > guests of dirty rooms, etc., so I would steer clear of that place.
            >
            > Anita Berka

          • Jan
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
              Thank you Matt. I'll check out this web site! (How do you know so much at
              such a young age??? :- ) )
              Jan

              http://joekopecky.homestead.com
              http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html
              > I don't live in that area but do know of a great website for what you
              > are looking for. The address is http://www.hat.org
              >
              > Matt
              >

              > --- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Jan" <toni@s...> wrote:
              > > Does anyone know of any hotels or bed and breakfasts in the College
              > Station, Caldwell or Bastrop area that allow pets?
              > > I know this is off-topic, but also know some of you guys live in
              > that area. Thanks a bunch.
              > > Jan
              > >
              > > http://joekopecky.homestead.com
              > > http://home.talkcity.com/earthteam2000/tonismith/index.html

            • John L. Mikeska
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
                Jan,

                Matt is Czech, I betcha!  Why he's so schmardt!

                Sir John

              • Jan
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
                  I have to agree with you there Sir John!  In fact, I almost put that in my e-mail to Matt....  : - )