Re: Genalogy Research: Texas Sources

  • FMikula@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      Dear Sarah,

      I read with interest your "info from the Czech Embassy re genealogical
      research" msg to Mark Pustka on Sunday, June 30, 2002.

      Mr Pustka thought so much of the information you provided that he posted it
      on The Czech Heritage Society of Texas TexasCzechs Electronic Bulletin Board.
      The Czech Heritage Society of Texas with 1,600 members located in fourteen
      chapters across the State of Texas built and maintains this bulletin board
      which currently has 303 members. This board is one of the most active in the
      United States, or the world for that matter, in sharing genealogical,
      cultural, historical, and linguistic and other information about our
      ancestoral land. The Czech Heritage Society of Texas is celebrating its 20th
      anniversary this year. The Society annually sponsors three state meetings
      much of whose content is devoted to genealogy and genealogy resources. The
      Society maintains an organized and indexed library and archives in Houston,
      Texas which contains excellent research material for individuals seeking
      their ancestral roots. Additionally, each of the fourteen chapters maintain
      their own research materials.
      The Czech Heritage Society of Texas conducts periodic genealogy research and
      study trips to the Czech Republic. Our Society is not satisfied with
      uncovering bones and producing long lists of names, dates, and locations. We
      go on to flesh this basic data out with history, customs, costumes, food,
      dance, language, folklore, music, and literature. In the Society's
      co-operation with the Dallas/Brno Sister City Program, the Texas Czech
      Heritage and Cultural Center in La Grange, Texas, most of whose supporters by
      the way are members of The Texas Czech Heritage Society of Texas, the La
      Grange/Frenstat Sister City Program, and many other organizations through the
      State of Texas, The CHS maintains close relationshios with many, many
      individuals in the CR across a spectrum of activites including political,
      business, educational, cultural, medical, and yes, even genealogical! Dr Ivan
      Dubovicky, previous cultural attache in Washington and a good friend, made
      several visits to Texas during his tenure and can well attest to my
      statements.

      I am olny asking for due credit for The Czech Heritage Society of Texas. No,
      we are not the Texas Czech Genealogical Society. We believe heritage includes
      genealogy AND MUCH MORE and are delivering that not only to our members but
      to all individuals interested in Czech Heritage.

      The Texas Czech Heritage Society of Texas website is at <A
      HREF="http://www.czechheritage.org/">CHS Homepage</A>
      (www.czechheritage.org). The TexasCzechs Electronic Bulletin Board is at
      TexasCzechs</A> (//groups.yahoo.com/group/TexasCzechs

      Our Society's Office, Library and Archives are at:
      4117 Willowbend, Houston, Tx 77025-5706
      phone 713-349-0500 or toll free 1-866-293-2443 email EAKRPEC@...

      Sincerely,
      Frantisek Josef Mikula