Butter Churnning--Sir John

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2002
      Hi Sir John,

      One of my first contacts will be with the Jourdan Bachman Pioneer Farm near Austin, Texas. The mission of the entity is to portray prairie life in the 1880's central Texas." I believe it is run by the Austin Historical Commission.  When I lived in Austin and my kids attended elementary school there they made trips to the pioneer farm and saw cows being milked and butter churned.  I think these folks will be an excellent resource.

      So far, I do not have an e-mail contact for anyone there. I am in the process of sending them a letter on behalf of the TCHCC. If I get a contact number, I will share it with you BUT I don't know if we can get anything set up by August.

      Susan
    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2002
        Susan,

        Sounds like a good contact.  I have never heard of the Pioneer Farms.  Wish I had known about it as I would have visited it the two times I lived/worked in Austin.

        Agree setting something up for Ennis probably is little late now.  Hard to believe what was 6 months away is now two months!

        Sir Jan