Re: [TexasCzechs] South Texas Farming--More

  • Susan Rektorik Henley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
      >Now if you are having problems with being notified, before they spray.  You send the BWE guys and the farmer that you are living next to,  a certified letter, stating that you would like to be notified 24 hours in advance.  You have to do this every year.  If they do not notify you, you have the right to notify the Texas Department of Agriculture.<

      Hi Mary,

      I was wondering if you would have any comments since I know that you farm (grin).

      As I said, things have really changed as far as the BWE folks being public oriented.  Our problems are always when the supervisor is ill or something such as that.  After the fields had to be sprayed a second day in a row (due to rain), the crop duster pilot called me and introduced himself. He said that he would notify me 24-hours in advance of any aerial application up wind from our house. He also said he would forward my name and phone number to the other pilots/firms that spray in our area so that they could notify me when they are going to spray.

      And, yep, I know that the compactors are called. If things work out right, I'll try to capture the cotton harvest with the digital camera.  I might even write about "spontaneous combustion."

      Mary, it was good to hear from you. Are you all as dry as we are?

      Susan