Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Word definition?

  • Anita Berka
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
      Ahh, that's where I missed out. I must not have read TJ Slansky's
      message cuz I don't recall seeing the word before your email.

      I've never heard the word before, but that's not surprising since my Dad
      never spoke Czech around us. Wish he had, but that's history, so it's
      up to me to learn in on my own.

      Thanks for clearing that up Tricia!

      Anita Berka
    • Tricia Burt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
        I don't know for sure if you are talking about "ogar"
        or not, but if so, it simply means "boy" in Moravian.
        If you'll read TJ Slansky's message from 5/29 you can
        learn a bit more about it. I didn't realize it wasn't
        a well known commonly used word among Czechs! I grew
        up hearing it, so it came naturally to me. I used it
        as the teens do "You go, girl" - mine was "You go,
        boy". Except I said "You go, ogar", so...

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com