Re: [TexasCzechs] TCHCC May Fest Planning--Help Wanted!

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2 11:36 AM

      Subject: [TexasCzechs] TCHCC May Fest Planning--Help Wanted!

      Okay folks, I stepped forward again.

      My Dad had a sign posted in his office that read, "If it is to be, it up to me!"

      Susan,

      I like that - never heard it.

      The ElectronicCzechs will surely be at La Grange, or at least I will be
      if the Lord is willing.  Sir John
    • Anita Berka
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2 1:26 PM
        Sir John,

        Everyone I know who's into butter churning is out in West Texas
        unfortunately, but I can check and let you know if any of those folks
        are interested. I'll check with the Burleson county folks too when I'm
        there next weekend - maybe they know someone. I don't even know anyone
        down here who has an old churn.j

        Anita Berka

        P.S. Will let you know about those "test batches" of kolaches. :-)
      • Anita Berka
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2 5:18 PM
          Yes Cindy, rest assured! Your "job" is in no jeopardy from little ole
          me! I can do a lot of things on the computer, but I don't think I'm
          quite up to "webmaster" - keymaster, maybe (as in hitting the keyboard
          and entering data). :-)

          Anita
        • John L. Mikeska
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2 9:41 PM
            Anita,

            Thanks for offering to check for someone who might be interested.  I feel it will be some trouble to get a churn set up, mixture made, etc.

            I'm from San Angelo, which is considered West Texas.  Believe Concho County CHS is having festival this coming Sat in Rowena, TX, which is between San Angelo and Ballinger.  Wish I could attend it but a little far for a days drive.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 3 6:08 AM
              Yes, Anita would be great at my job, but I don't think she has time, with all her other volunteering!

              Cindy Harvey
              Webmaster (volunteer), CHS

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 3 7:03 AM
                Visited the Wesley Church and Cemetery saturday
                afternoon...the historic original church was
                closed...according to info I had gotten priviously,
                the church was now a historic museum and supposed to
                be open to the public 9-5pm 7 days a week...does
                anyone know why it was closed...visited the graves of
                some of my Czech relatives who are buried there. Also
                visited the National cemetery near Nelsonville where
                other relatives are buried...hope you'al will have a
                great week...Frank Payne ( Slovak, Stepan, Gerhart,
                Tomanec )

                http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
              • John L. Mikeska
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 3 7:42 AM
                  No No No!

                  Oh gosh, Sir John got the Foot in Mouth problem again!

                  Cindy, I was not indicating Anita take over the webmaster of CHS in any way.  Just meant that she seems to have a good hand on volunteering of people she would be a good source of volunteers for whatever job was needed.  I used 'webmaster in the wrong sense.  Sorry.

                  Cindy, you're doing a excellent job.  You can't get out of it, if we have any say-so!

                  Sir Jan

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 3 8:00 PM
                    Anita and Cindy:

                    Everybody's help is needed in preserving our heritage. And
                    Cindy, we are all greatful for what you do as webmatser, and as I
                    understand it, it's a job for life. And Anita, thanks for all your
                    interest in preserving our heritage.

                    Richard