Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Word definition?

  • Anita Berka
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
      So, for the rest of us who still don't know what it means, could you
      enlighten us? Didn't want to put the word in the subject line in case
      it was something offensive.

      Anita Berka
    • Anita Berka
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
        Ahh, that's where I missed out. I must not have read TJ Slansky's
        message cuz I don't recall seeing the word before your email.

        I've never heard the word before, but that's not surprising since my Dad
        never spoke Czech around us. Wish he had, but that's history, so it's
        up to me to learn in on my own.

        Thanks for clearing that up Tricia!

        Anita Berka
      • Tricia Burt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
          I don't know for sure if you are talking about "ogar"
          or not, but if so, it simply means "boy" in Moravian.
          If you'll read TJ Slansky's message from 5/29 you can
          learn a bit more about it. I didn't realize it wasn't
          a well known commonly used word among Czechs! I grew
          up hearing it, so it came naturally to me. I used it
          as the teens do "You go, girl" - mine was "You go,
          boy". Except I said "You go, ogar", so...

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com