Re: [TexasCzechs] TCHCC May Fest Planning--Help Wanted!

  • Anita Berka
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2002
      Susan,

      Those suggestions were just the 'first wave'. I'll check with the
      Burleson County folks next time I'm there to see if they have any names
      and will forward to you.

      Anita Berka
    • John L. Mikeska
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2002
        Anita,

        You talk about Volunteering!!!  Wow, you should be the Volunteer Webmaster or whatever for the CHS!!!  Now, I am sure you are up at the top of list making kolaches (gotta be careful not to hurt any other feelings <G>) but if you happened to do any practicing on a few batches, send some to me and I'll guarantee you'll get an A+!  <G>

        You mentioned butter churning in a previous message.  Know anyone that will be in Ennis Aug 3rd that might demonstrate butter making, or maybe a talk on how to formulate, etc.  Frank Mikula commented it would be great to have this, but the feelers I've put out has brought naught in reply <G>

        Hope you will be in Ennis - will meet you if you are.

        Sir John
        Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs] TCHCC May Fest Planning--Help Wanted!

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2002

          Okay folks, I stepped forward again.

          My Dad had a sign posted in his office that read, "If it is to be, it up to me!"

          Susan,

          I like that - never heard it.

          The ElectronicCzechs will surely be at La Grange, or at least I will be
          if the Lord is willing.  Sir John
        • Anita Berka
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2002
            Sir John,

            Everyone I know who's into butter churning is out in West Texas
            unfortunately, but I can check and let you know if any of those folks
            are interested. I'll check with the Burleson county folks too when I'm
            there next weekend - maybe they know someone. I don't even know anyone
            down here who has an old churn.j

            Anita Berka

            P.S. Will let you know about those "test batches" of kolaches. :-)
          • Anita Berka
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2002
              Yes Cindy, rest assured! Your "job" is in no jeopardy from little ole
              me! I can do a lot of things on the computer, but I don't think I'm
              quite up to "webmaster" - keymaster, maybe (as in hitting the keyboard
              and entering data). :-)

              Anita
            • John L. Mikeska
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2, 2002
                Anita,

                Thanks for offering to check for someone who might be interested.  I feel it will be some trouble to get a churn set up, mixture made, etc.

                I'm from San Angelo, which is considered West Texas.  Believe Concho County CHS is having festival this coming Sat in Rowena, TX, which is between San Angelo and Ballinger.  Wish I could attend it but a little far for a days drive.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 3, 2002
                  Yes, Anita would be great at my job, but I don't think she has time, with all her other volunteering!

                  Cindy Harvey
                  Webmaster (volunteer), CHS

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 3, 2002
                    Visited the Wesley Church and Cemetery saturday
                    afternoon...the historic original church was
                    closed...according to info I had gotten priviously,
                    the church was now a historic museum and supposed to
                    be open to the public 9-5pm 7 days a week...does
                    anyone know why it was closed...visited the graves of
                    some of my Czech relatives who are buried there. Also
                    visited the National cemetery near Nelsonville where
                    other relatives are buried...hope you'al will have a
                    great week...Frank Payne ( Slovak, Stepan, Gerhart,
                    Tomanec )

                    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                  • John L. Mikeska
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 3, 2002
                      No No No!

                      Oh gosh, Sir John got the Foot in Mouth problem again!

                      Cindy, I was not indicating Anita take over the webmaster of CHS in any way.  Just meant that she seems to have a good hand on volunteering of people she would be a good source of volunteers for whatever job was needed.  I used 'webmaster in the wrong sense.  Sorry.

                      Cindy, you're doing a excellent job.  You can't get out of it, if we have any say-so!

                      Sir Jan

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 3, 2002
                        Anita and Cindy:

                        Everybody's help is needed in preserving our heritage. And
                        Cindy, we are all greatful for what you do as webmatser, and as I
                        understand it, it's a job for life. And Anita, thanks for all your
                        interest in preserving our heritage.

                        Richard