Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Czech Mothers' group in Plano??

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 24 , May 4, 2002
      On a somewhat related matter, a while back someone was looking for Joe Patek Orchestra CD's and casettes.  Notice that Patek's Grocery (Drive-in) here in Moulton has them on their counter.  Understand that an uncle of Ervin Patek, the owner, distributes them.  If you are interested and are too far from Moulton, give me your name, address and phone number and whether you want a CD or casette and I will relay the information to Ervin Patek, who will, I would think, have his uncle contact you for arrangements to mail.

      Ray Bacak

      Message 2 of 24 , May 4, 2002
        So, you are currently living in the Czech Republic? Where?

        Juli

      • barbi grl
        Message 3 of 24 , May 6, 2002
          in prague. i think i would learn the language faster
          living in a small village teaching english, but the
          money isn't as good.
          going to Plzen this weekend with my brother who is
          stationed in germany with the Army.
          by the way....if anyone ever plans to visit the czech
          republic, i have to say this: May is a beautiful time
          to visit. it's right before high season begins, and
          everything is in full bloom! this is my first spring
          here, and i LOVE it. yes...it's been a bit rainy half
          the time, but a fair amount is sunny and warm as well.
          :) i like it a lot! :)

          --- juli_pitra <pitra98@...> wrote:
          > So, you are currently living in the Czech Republic?
          > Where?
          >
          > Juli

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • juli_pitra
          Message 4 of 24 , May 6, 2002
            I'm so jealous!

            We lived in Vinohrady, and it was a beautiful part of town. My
            husband's parents live in Zizkov. His paternal grandmotheralso lived
            in Vinohrady, but she passed away a few months ago.

            I agree with you that May is beautiful there, and I also love
            September. We are planning to be there for about a month next
            summer. Will you still be around? What are you doing there?

            Have you been to Sumava yet? That is one of my husband's favorite
            places in summer. It is my dream that we buy a cottage there
            someday. We will spend at least a week there, maybe two, when we
            come to visit. We also liked Trebon, but the mozzies are
            frightnening!

            Hope that you are having the time of your life there!

            Juli

            --- In TexasCzechs@y..., barbi grl <barbi_grl_1@y...> wrote:
            > in prague. i think i would learn the language faster
            > living in a small village teaching english, but the
            > money isn't as good.
            > going to Plzen this weekend with my brother who is
            > stationed in germany with the Army.
            > by the way....if anyone ever plans to visit the czech
            > republic, i have to say this: May is a beautiful time
            > to visit. it's right before high season begins, and
            > everything is in full bloom! this is my first spring
            > here, and i LOVE it. yes...it's been a bit rainy half
            > the time, but a fair amount is sunny and warm as well.
            > :) i like it a lot! :)
            >
            > --- juli_pitra <pitra98@a...> wrote:
            > > So, you are currently living in the Czech Republic?
            > > Where?
            > >
            > > Juli

            > http://health.yahoo.com
          • barbi grl
            Message 5 of 24 , May 6, 2002
              i got the chance of a lifetime... :)

              i live near vinohrady, in vrsovice. great
              neighborhood, with beautiful parks around me. dont ask
              how long i will be here, as i dont know myself...until
              i can speak fluently for sure... :)
              buy property before the CR gets into the EU, it'll be
              a lot more expensive after that!

              and i couldn't quite tell you if i've been to sumava
              yet. though it doesn't sound familiar. i've traveled
              all over moravia and bohemia and was enjoying it too
              much to remember to write down everywhere i went or
              every town i passed thru. (just gives me an excuse to
              have to do it again!) :) and thruout prague and it's
              little village suburbs, i've only visited a few (where
              i know people). i like beroun...neat little town with
              bears as their main attraction in their park. i was
              there during easter (hiding from the boys/men with
              sticks!) :)

              http://health.yahoo.com
            • Ekor8@AOL.com
              Message 6 of 24 , May 6, 2002
                >....I live near vinohrady, in vrsovice..............

                I'm originally from Vrsovice and my husband is from Vinohrady. We used to
                live "v Bulharske ulici." Where you live?
                ~~Eva~~
              • barbi grl
                Message 7 of 24 , May 7, 2002
                  Holandska.
                  it's very "international" over here. my friend lives
                  on americka, there's a madriska, ruska, etc etc :)

                  http://health.yahoo.com
                • ardisjoyce@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 7, 2002
                    We really like the Vinohrady neighborhood.  On our first trip to the Czech Republic in 1994, we stayed on Londonska and several times we have stayed at the Olea on Amerika.  And it has the only modern washateria in Praha!  We have taken language courses at the University at Liptal twice, and we have talked about living there for a year to really learn the language.  I enjoy hearing your reports from your life there.  Keep it up.

                    Joyce Ehrenberger