Re: [TexasCzechs] Family Tree

  • kdl116@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2002
      Hello Leona,

      Rudy and Henrietta Klecka are my aunt and uncle. And they are also my god
      parents. Rudy is my grandmothers brother. I still have Czech dolls that
      they would send me every year when they would go on their trips.

      The Klecka's are suppose to be having a family reunion Labor Day weekend.
      It's going to be good to see everyone.

      Who is your dad? My mom told me that Henrietta had a brother name Justis I
      think.

      Thanks so much for the email.
      Karen
    • Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2002
        Hi, Karen,

        It's always so nice to find some relatives! I've not gotten far into my
        research but will be doing so this summer when things slow down a
        little.

        My father's name was John Julius Urbish; his oldest brother, Frank C.
        (don't know what the C stands for) was Henrietta's father, and I do
        believe she had a brother named Justis. My father was probably 10-12
        years younger than Frank and he and my mother married later in life (my
        father was almost 30), so we kids were much younger than some of the
        kids from the older siblings. Thus, I don't know all the cousins,

        If you're going to the reunion, I know you'll find out a lot of
        information; and I know I have a book somewhere that gives a lot of
        details about the Urbish side of the family. I'll be digging that out
        this summer, so I'll get back with you on what I find about Henrietta
        and her sibling(s)....but don't be shy about reminding me if it seems
        like I've forgotten.

        Good luck; I'm sure the reunion will be great fun!

        As a sidenote, when Rudy and Henrietta were closing down their gift shop
        there in East Bernard, she let me know and I was lucky enough to get
        several very fine pieces of Bohemian crystal, a Bohemian garnet ring,
        and some other miscellaneous items. Maybe you know this, but an
        interesting note was given regarding the Bohemian garnets, which are a
        distinctly different color than the usual you find. The Bohemian
        garnets are a black-red, rather than the rusty-red that are mostly
        found, except in fine jewelry stores. Once you see the difference, you
        can spot the "real" Bohemian garnet immediately. They are beautiful.
        With their being your godparents, I'm sure you've been to their house,
        which as you know is filled in every nook and cranny with items from the
        Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc. It was like going through a treasure
        chest.

        Leona

        Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D., Director
        Office of Institutional Research
        Rice University
        P. O. Box 1892
        Houston, TX 77251-1892
        713-348-6258 (o) - 713-348-6252 (fax)

        Rudy and Henrietta Klecka are my aunt and uncle. And they are also my
        god
        parents. Rudy is my grandmothers brother. I still have Czech dolls
        that
        they would send me every year when they would go on their trips.

        The Klecka's are suppose to be having a family reunion Labor Day
        weekend.
        It's going to be good to see everyone.

        Who is your dad? My mom told me that Henrietta had a brother name
        Justis I
        think.

        Thanks so much for the email.
        Karen

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • kdl116@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 25, 2002
          Hello Leona,

          What was your mothers name?

          Hope everything is going well with you.

          Take care,
          Karen
        • salvarez@pcai.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5 12:00 AM
            Start at the very basic tree. Write down everyone in your family.
            Ask your mother who her brothers and sister are, their wifes and
            children. Birthdates, marriage dates etc.

            Ask her who her parents are and their families
            (brothers,sisters, wifes, children) If they are not living, ask
            where they are buried..where they lived etc.

            This should get you started, then myself and others should be
            able to help you a little more from there.

            Steve

            does anyone know how to do these things? b/c the net isnt
            helping me
            at all and there are so many relatives of mine in the abott/west
            area that i dont know who belongs to who...and on my grandpas
            ...all
            i know is my grandpa....my mom doesnt even know any of her
            relatives
            on that side.....so...any help would be GREATLY appreciated...