Re: [TexasCzechs] Being lazy again

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2002
      Steve,
      There is a Wharton, Texas.  It is near Houston.  My Mom lived there for a short while as a child.  Horton Foote wrote a book about growing up in Wharton.  I think it was set in the 20s or 30s.  It's based on his experiences growing up there.  Can't think of the name at the moment.  There is a cool town not too far away called Glen Flora (think it is Glen Flora).   Seemed to have been quite a happening place at one time, but not anymore.
      Jan

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        Yes there is a Wharton, TX also Wharton County. My mom was born in Wharton,
        TX.