Re: [TexasCzechs] Being lazy again

  • John L. Mikeska
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Steve,

      Wharton is 27 miles South east of Rosenberg on Hwy 59, going toward Victoria.  It is located in Wharton County.

      Sir John
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2002
        Steve,
        There is a Wharton, Texas.  It is near Houston.  My Mom lived there for a short while as a child.  Horton Foote wrote a book about growing up in Wharton.  I think it was set in the 20s or 30s.  It's based on his experiences growing up there.  Can't think of the name at the moment.  There is a cool town not too far away called Glen Flora (think it is Glen Flora).   Seemed to have been quite a happening place at one time, but not anymore.
        Jan

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2002
          Yes there is a Wharton, TX also Wharton County. My mom was born in Wharton,
          TX.