Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Search Engine at your website

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 29, 2002
      Your Welcome.  As I told you it just plain stunk the way it ended up after I reformatted the indexes. So I am glad you told me because I didn't know anything was wrong.

      I woulld contact the Milam County Genealogy Society.  I sure would expect someone to contact us before they raided our obits.  It seems that would be the proper thing to do.  If it was straight out of the paper then I would say just post  them.

      If they say no.  Then what I can do is take the names and create a link to the obit on their website.  There are usually ways around things. (grin)

      Steve
      These were all posted by the
      Milam County Genealogy Society.  Do I need to contact them before
      posting them to TexasCzechs?

      If it's OK to post them, they do state the date and paper that they are from, do I mention the Genealogy Society?  And if it's OK to post them it'll be a while because I want to check the names at the website and make sure I'm not submitting a duplicate (I will send each one individually).  I have no connection to most of these obitsKathy OHIO

    • Steve Alvarez
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 29, 2002
        It could be. Or else the old bi-focals were not working. (LOL)
        I am going back to the cemetery to check it out  and to to take a picture of the tombstone since I didn't have my carmera with me.

        Steve
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 29, 2002
            Did people abbreviate months in czech?
               Louise

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 30, 2002
              No, you do not abbreviate months in Czech!
              ~~Eva~~
            • barbi grl
              Message 6 of 15 , May 1, 2002
                depending on the grammatical structure, the spelling
                of it can change dramatically. in it's most simple
                form, it's spelled ��jen. but, for example, if you
                want to say the october revolution, it would be
                ��jnov� revoluce.

                Message 7 of 15 , May 1, 2002
                  someone has probably already answered, but
                  mesic is month

                  http://health.yahoo.com