Family Tree

  • kdl011660
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2002
      I am just begining my family tree. Surname for Czech side is KLECKA.
      Most of them are from Wharton County, Wharton TX and East Bernard.
      I am having trouble finding anything in this line of the family.
      There are Klecka's out there, but none are relating to my family. At
      least I don't think they are. Can anyone help me get started?
      Thank you. Karen
    • RAY J. BACAK
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2002
        Do know that a Darilek from Moulton married one of the Kleckas - believe
        they ran a grocery store in East Bernard. Believe her name was Lillian and
        her step (I believe) mother was Lillie Kubenka Darilek, her father was Emil
        Darilek. Know that's not much help. Believe some of their descendants
        still live in East Bernard.

      • kdl116@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2002
          Yes that is my aunt. She was married to August Klecka. I do believe the
          store is open and the children are running it. Thanks that is some help. I
          will be going to East Bernard late summer for family reunion. Maybe I can
          get alot of info when I go there.

          Thank you again.
          Karen
        • Sara Barton Juno
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 29, 2002
            If it helps you any there is a Emil R Darilek, FM Road 532 West,Moulton, 77975, 596-7265 listed under Moulton in the Colorado County Telephone Book. There are 13 other Darilek's listed as well as. Also a number of the other surname you listed, but no Lilian.
            Let me know if you want any of the others address/phone nos.
            Sara Barton

            GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
          • Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2002
              Getting a little late on this; I've been out of town. The Klecka's in
              East Bernard that you (Ray) refer to are Rudy and Henrietta Klecka.
              Henrietta is my first cousin, from my father's side; her maiden name
              would have been Urbish. I'm afraid I don't know much about Rudy's
              family. They are in their late 70's, and did in fact own a grocery/dry
              goods store. About a year ago, I visited with them and they were
              planning to sell out and retire; I'm assuming they did.

              They also conduct tours of the Czech Republic; they operate under the
              name Klub Kontinental and have been taking groups since the 60's. I
              haven't checked but perhaps they have a website where some further
              information can be gathered.

              Good luck!

              Leona

              Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D., Director
              Office of Institutional Research
              Rice University
              P. O. Box 1892
              Houston, TX 77251-1892
              713-348-6258 (o) - 713-348-6252 (fax)

              > I am just begining my family tree. Surname for Czech side is KLECKA.
              > Most of them are from Wharton County, Wharton TX and East Bernard.
              > I am having trouble finding anything in this line of the family.
              > There are Klecka's out there, but none are relating to my family. At
              > least I don't think they are. Can anyone help me get started?
              > Thank you. Karen

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2002
                Hello Leona,

                Rudy and Henrietta Klecka are my aunt and uncle. And they are also my god
                parents. Rudy is my grandmothers brother. I still have Czech dolls that
                they would send me every year when they would go on their trips.

                The Klecka's are suppose to be having a family reunion Labor Day weekend.
                It's going to be good to see everyone.

                Who is your dad? My mom told me that Henrietta had a brother name Justis I
                think.

                Thanks so much for the email.
                Karen
              • Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D.
                Message 7 of 9 , May 3, 2002
                  Hi, Karen,

                  It's always so nice to find some relatives! I've not gotten far into my
                  research but will be doing so this summer when things slow down a
                  little.

                  My father's name was John Julius Urbish; his oldest brother, Frank C.
                  (don't know what the C stands for) was Henrietta's father, and I do
                  believe she had a brother named Justis. My father was probably 10-12
                  years younger than Frank and he and my mother married later in life (my
                  father was almost 30), so we kids were much younger than some of the
                  kids from the older siblings. Thus, I don't know all the cousins,

                  If you're going to the reunion, I know you'll find out a lot of
                  information; and I know I have a book somewhere that gives a lot of
                  details about the Urbish side of the family. I'll be digging that out
                  this summer, so I'll get back with you on what I find about Henrietta
                  and her sibling(s)....but don't be shy about reminding me if it seems
                  like I've forgotten.

                  Good luck; I'm sure the reunion will be great fun!

                  As a sidenote, when Rudy and Henrietta were closing down their gift shop
                  there in East Bernard, she let me know and I was lucky enough to get
                  several very fine pieces of Bohemian crystal, a Bohemian garnet ring,
                  and some other miscellaneous items. Maybe you know this, but an
                  interesting note was given regarding the Bohemian garnets, which are a
                  distinctly different color than the usual you find. The Bohemian
                  garnets are a black-red, rather than the rusty-red that are mostly
                  found, except in fine jewelry stores. Once you see the difference, you
                  can spot the "real" Bohemian garnet immediately. They are beautiful.
                  With their being your godparents, I'm sure you've been to their house,
                  which as you know is filled in every nook and cranny with items from the
                  Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc. It was like going through a treasure
                  chest.

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 25, 2002
                    Hello Leona,

                    What was your mothers name?

                    Hope everything is going well with you.

                    Take care,
                    Karen
                  • salvarez@pcai.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
                      Start at the very basic tree. Write down everyone in your family.
                      Ask your mother who her brothers and sister are, their wifes and
                      children. Birthdates, marriage dates etc.

                      Ask her who her parents are and their families
                      (brothers,sisters, wifes, children) If they are not living, ask
                      where they are buried..where they lived etc.

                      This should get you started, then myself and others should be
                      able to help you a little more from there.

                      Steve

                      does anyone know how to do these things? b/c the net isnt
                      helping me
                      at all and there are so many relatives of mine in the abott/west
                      area that i dont know who belongs to who...and on my grandpas
                      ...all
                      i know is my grandpa....my mom doesnt even know any of her
                      relatives
                      on that side.....so...any help would be GREATLY appreciated...