Re: [TexasCzechs] Freedom to Move Freely

  • Lois Pereira
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2002
      "Thanks so much. I should have known this but it never crossed my mind.
      I remember seeing the letters of permission to emigrate and the
      would reflect "Escaped to America". That booklet that I took for Grandma
      and Grandpas passport was probably the citizen id card you spoke of.
      This is interesting.......lois

      Richard Garza wrote:

      > Hi Lois,
      > There are many things we take for granted as citizens of the
      > USA
      > (at least for the time being). One of those things is the right to
      > move
      > about freely from one city to the next or from one state to the next.
      > Not
      > so for our ancestors under Habsburg rule up until about 1848 when they
      >
      > gained some more freedoms.
      >

      > .
      > On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:16:31 -0600 Lois Pereira <> writes:
      > > Now I have observed
      > > several times in Dr. Simicek's book a phrase he uses a lot. This
      > > being, he became a Frenstat citizen by the marriage to.... Could
      > > it
      > > just be a speech pattern and his way of saying that this is how he
      > > came
      > > to be in said city or was this literally the way to become a citizen
      >
      > > in said city? >

      > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor