Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: my family origins

  • Richard Garza
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 3:05 PM
      Hi Cindy,
              Mr. Tretter may have better luck with lists and organizations related to the Sudeten Germans, such as the German-Bohemian Heritage Society http://www.rootsweb.com/~gbhs/ . His list of German names, as well as that they were ousted from the Czech lands under the Benes decrees leads me to this conclusion. One of his Winklers seems to have died only 15 miles away from his birthplace in Litobratrice so there may still be some descendants in Austria. Birth records for the Suedmaehren (South Moravia) district will be found in Brno, CR. Other useful links for him would be:
      http://www.sudeten.de/  All of which have extensive genealogy links. He may also find the list of dead soldiers useful at: http://www.volksbund.de/
      Rick Garza
      Sharing. It's what it's all about!
      http://www.texasczechs.homestead.com/

      .
      On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:03:37 -0600 Cindy Harvey <cindyharvey@...> writes:
      Are any of our "Texas Czechs" familiar with the surname TRETTER?  I would love to help this person find out if he has relatives in the US.

      Thanks,
      Cindy