Re: The prize....

  • richardkotrla
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 30, 2002
      Leona:

      Thanks.

      We all need to be able to take care of our selves and meet our needs
      before we can help others. We must have confidence in our selves
      before we can instill confidence in others. People like Susan should
      be admired, not because what they have accomplished in regard to
      their gender, but what they have and are achieving as human beings!!!

      As far as I am concerned, Susan is a Texas Hero!!!

      Richard--- In TexasCzechs@y..., "Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D."
      <lurbish@r...> wrote:
      > I couldn't have said it better!
      >
      > Leona
      >
      > Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D., Director
      > Office of Institutional Research
      > Rice University
      > P. O. Box 1892
      > Houston, TX 77251-1892
      > 713-348-6258 (o) - 713-348-6252 (fax)

      League
      > > universities) are horrified that most of us (at least our
      > generation)
      > > learned to use/shoot guns while youngsters, I'm glad I did and am
      > doubly
      > > glad that many of us keep up our marksmanship for safety sake.
      > >
      > > Leona
      > >
      > > Leona M. Urbish, Ph.D., Director
      > > Office of Institutional Research
      > > Rice University
      > > P. O. Box 1892
      > > Houston, TX 77251-1892
      > > 713-348-6258 (o) - 713-348-6252 (fax)

      He
      > > laughed and said: "Hit the tank". I fixed the crosshairs on the
      > center
      > > of the turret--allowing for windage, of course,- the goofy guy
      > dropped
      > > the round into the tube and pushed the tube down, and I pulled the
      > > trigger. I watched the round move slowly but directly toward
      the
      > tank
      > > and, to my surprise, it hit the turret dead center. The hatch
      flew
      > open
      > > with fire and smoke pouring out. The left tred snapped as the
      whole
      > > thing jumped about 6 feet off the ground. The rampaging track
      > looked
      > > like a giant snake, twisting and snapping about. The goofy guy
      > said:
      > > "Oh, Hell!". I said nothing and sure didn't look toward the
      > instructor.
      > > Everyone in the bleachers stood and cheered. Noone noticed but
      the
      > ammo
      > > boxes were smashed into toothpicks, just as planned.
      > > Audie Murphy never done so good!!
      > >
      > > Alright, girl shooters, top that!
      > >
      > > George

      Goat

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219366.1963810.3448283.1501134/D=egroupweb/S=17

      040837:HM/A=997589/R=0/*http:/ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3990342;6985034;q
      > %3
      > > fhttp:/www.babycenter.com/?adcode=DAR:ADV:YHO> Click Here!
      > >

      > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      > M=219366.1963810.3448283.1501134/D=egrou
      > > pmail/S=1705040837:HM/A=997589/rand=727163644>

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • richardkotrla
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 30, 2002