Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Traditional Czech Wedding

  • Brian Mabry
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      I agree. BBQ, beer, SPJST hall (or K of C, etc.),
      grand march, 300 guests or more, informal. That's what
      I think of when I think of a czech wedding.

      Except I haven't encountered the all day long events
      people have mentioned. Maybe these are pre-mid-1970's
      (the time of my earliest memories).

      Anyway, I understand that weddings now are a lot
      different and its good to meet the expectations of the
      non-Czechs, who may compose half of the guests, and
      who see wedding receptions as more formal events.

      http://greetings.yahoo.com