Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: REV. JUREN

  • phejl
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2000
      If you have some names, I will be happy to look them up for you.

      Pat
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
        THANKS A LOT!!! OK here goes! THere should be more JAnous kids
        listed. Here are my Melnars. Vinc Melnar marr. Terezie Marek Vojtek.
        before 1874
        kids Vinc b. 1874
        Terezie bef 1874
        Frank
        ED
        Emil

        There are more kids but can't rem.names at this moment

        anyway that is enough for now. THey were all in Lavaca Co., TX area. Thanks
        alot

        darlene baker
      • phejl
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
          Darlene, I found the following:

          "Czech Footprints...Wesley..."
          (no page numbers)
          Edward Mellner
          Born:August 2, 1885
          Birthplace: Wellersburg, Lavaca Co., TX
          Father: Cenek Mellner, coming from Rybi in Moravia, living at Wellersburg -
          Faith Evangelical
          Mother: Theresie nee Marek, coming from Cernma near Lanskroun - Faith
          Evangelical Reform.
          Christened: November 1, 1885 at Schoolhouse Czech near Wellersburg.
          Certificate issued: May 22, 1887
          By: Jindrich Juren, Evangelical Pastor
          Sponsors: Josef and Rosalie Dusek, husband and wife

          "Czech Footprints...Ross Prairie..."
          (no page numbers)
          Anna Mellner
          Born: September 14, 1888
          Birthplace: Oakland, Colorado Co., TX
          Father: Cenek Mellner, coming from Wellersburg, Lavaca Co., TX
          Mother: Theresie nee Marek, coming from Cerne, Cechy - Evangelical Reformed
          Christened: April 15, 1888 at school house at Wellersburg, TX
          By: Jindrich Juren, Evangelical Pastor
          Certificate issued: May 9, 1890
          Sponsors: Josef and Rosalie Dusek

          Emilie Mellner
          Born: March 20, 1890
          Birthplace: Sublime, Lavaca Co., TX
          Father: Cenek Mellner, living at Sublime, TX
          Mother: Teresie Marek
          Christened: October 20, 1890 at school house near Sublime
          By: Jindrich Juren, Evangelical Pastor
          Certificate issued: November 8, 1890

          "Czech Footprints...Rev. Adolf Chlumsky's Records..."
          p.11
          Emil Edman Melner
          Born: June 9, 1892
          Birthplace: Bila Hora, Lavaca Co., TX
          Father: Vincenc Melner, born at Rybi, Moravia, now living at Bila Hora,
          Lavaca Co., TX
          Mother: Terezie nee Marek from Cermna, Cechy
          Christened: November 27, 1892 at Bila Hora, Lavaca County.
          By: A. Chlumsky, Minister, Czech-Moravian Brethren
          Sponsors: Josef Dusek and his wife, Rosalie of Oakland

          Didn't find Vinc or Terezie.

          Can you shed any light on the mother, Terezie Marek?

          Pat

        • Mrazoompa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
            Pat,
            Are there any MRAZ, MARIZ, MARZ, SCHUMANN, MOTL, ....in this book??? I
            thought I looked at when I was at the conference but I looked at so many
            books I can't remember.

            Thanks,

            Elizabeth MRAZ
            Houston, Texas
            Searching for my Ancestors and Family: GALLIA, GAST, MOTL, MRAZ, SCHUMANN,
            SEDLAK, STUDLAR, just to name a few....
          • phejl
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
              Elizabeth,

              Found only one Marz--a marriage record:
              "Czech Footprints...Wesley...1872-1900"
              (no page number)
              Jimire Mraz - from Inudstry, TX and
              Klothilde Schleider - from Wesley, TX.
              Married: June 2, 1885 by Authority of License dated June 1, 1885 from County
              Court at Brenham in the home of Mr. Schleider at Wesley
              Married by: Jindrich Juren
              Witnesses: Jos. Mikeska and Fr. Sebesta

              There are lots of Motls--different families. Do you have some first names?

              "Czech Footprints...Chlumsky's Records..."
              p. 161-162:
              Ella Alzbeta Schuhmann
              Born June 8, 1908
              Birthplace: Dime Box, Lee Co., TX
              Father: Albert Schuhmann
              Mother: Emma nee Krenek
              Christened at: Dime Box, Lee Co., on April 4, 1909
              By: A. Chlumsky, Minister, Czech-Moravian Brethren
              Sponsors: Frank Boehme and his wife, Anna

              Jan Daniel Schuhmann
              Born: January 15, 1910
              Birthplace: Dime Box, Lee Co., TX
              Father: Albert Schuhmann
              Mother: Emma nee Krenek
              Christened at: Dime Box, Lee Co., on May, 29, 1910
              Certificate issued October 21, 1910
              By: A. Chlumsky, Minister, Czech-Moravian Brethren
              Sponsors: Frank Boehme and his wife, Anna

              Louise Teresie Schuhmann
              Born May 15, 1905
              Birthplace: Dime Box, Lee Co., TX
              Father: Albert Schuhmann
              Mother: Emma nee Krenek
              Christened at: Dime Box, Lee Co., on April 1, 1906
              Certificate issued July 14, 1906
              By: A. Chlumsky, Minister, Czech-Moravian Brethren
              Sponsors: Frank Boehme and his wife, Anna

              Ohla Anna ? Schuhmann
              Born October 19, 1903
              Birthplace: Dime Box, Lee Co., TX
              Father: Albert Schuhmann
              Mother: Emma nee Krenek
              Christened at: Dime Box, Lee Co., on April 17, 1904
              Certificate issued July 30, 1904

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
                Pat,
                The Motls are:
                Joseph and Theresa (Parents)
                Robert (Son)
                Anna Theresa (Dau.) (b.11/17/1907 d.1/19/1984)
                Frances (Dau.)

                That is all the info I have and I am not positive about the parents names. I
                am sure about the children. And I am sure that they were born in the order
                listed.

                Thank you for looking up the information,

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
                  Elizabeth,

                  I found a Josef and Anna and a Karl and Terezie but no Josef and Terezie. It
                  may be that the children were all born after 1900 and that's why they're not
                  listed--three of these books only go to 1900.

                  Pat

                • darlenbaker@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
                    Well from What Jackie told me she married a Vojtek and he died I think. She
                    also had a son by the Vojtek but I don' t know his first name. The son name
                    is JOhn. I will send you my Melnar file and then you will know what I 'm
                    talking about. It is attached. HOpe it comes thru. Darlene Baker
                  • darlenbaker@cs.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
                      Pat, I am a little confused but I think these are my people the dates are
                      pretty close. I just wonder why they list the father fo my Melnars as Cenek
                      . The Dusek's that are mentioned are my great grandma Terezie Coufal's bro
                      and sis inlaw. Some of my info I got off of headstones. What do you
                      think?? The father -- Vincenc -- could maybe the info be misread by the
                      ones inputing info in book? ?????

                      darlene baker
                    • phejl
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
                        Darlene, I'm not sure of the origin of the Cenek/Vinc names but I've seen
                        them used together--perhaps Cenek is a "nickname." Anyone out there know the
                        answer to this?

                      • darlenbaker@cs.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 3, 2000
                          thanks for your opinion. I have not done much resaerch into the Czech way
                          of life. I would like to as soon as I can find out where everyone came from.
                          What a big job!! If anyone out knows about the Vinc/Cenek question I'd be
                          happy to here about it.

                          Thanks darlene baker
                        • Mrazoompa@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 4, 2000
                            That is VERY possible. Thanks for looking.

                            Elizabeth