Re: [TexasCzechs] Spring Picnic

  • Anita Berka
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2002
      Susan,

      If you can get the date for the May festival, that would probably be a
      great time to visit the museum. Will you keep us posted?

      Anita
    • Russell Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2002
        Erwin and other Hodslavice descendents,
             Sorry I haven't kept up with the e-mails and the group.  I've had a very busy Feb.  I'm so glad it's over.  Anyway.....

        Before I even read your response I was thinking the same thing - The spring picnic would be a good place for the Hodslavice Reunion.  When I was thinking of the best place to have the reunion, I was thinking of Sara's farm, but that would put a lot of pressure on her.  Do you know if we'll need to get permission to set up a table or something to make it somewhat organized?  Are you going to be at the meeting at Fayetteville this coming weekend?  I'll be down for the meeting and will be staying in La Grange with my Aunt Ruthie.  Let me know.

        I also got information from Martin about my Great-Great Grandmother's (Marie Kudelka) family and I think there's another connection with our families to many of the Hodslavice families in this group. I'll work on it and let you know.  I have been working on the file Martin sent us and we are related through the Adam family - sort of.  My gggreat grandfather was married to Zuzanna Adam (the relation) but no children were born to this family.  He remarried and had one child - Josef Horak - my great-great grandfather.

        If anyone is reading this and interested in the Horak connection - This means that for me to be related to any Horak's it would have to go back to my great-great-great grandfather's brothers - if there were any.  I'll let you know whatever Martin uncovers.

        Kathy Horak Smith
      • Susan Rektorik Henley
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2002
          Kathy Horak Smith wrote: Do you know if we'll need to get permission to set up a table or something to make it somewhat organized?

          Kathy and All interested in getting together,

          I mentioned that folks wanted to get together at the TCHCC Spring Fest and I enquired if there were picnic tables yet. I am still not sure about the tables but Woody was pleased in the interest. He said there would be food on site.

          If we can get an idea of how many people will be attending, I will try to work out where we can set up.

          Susan
        • darlenbaker@cs.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2002
            Count me in Susan!!

            darlene baker
          • epavlik
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7, 2002

              Hi Kathy and Others:

              I just visited by telephone with Cathy Noska of the Texas Czech and Cultural Center, Inc. with regard to the possible picnic that some of us have been talking about on Saturday, May 18.  She told me that there are some picnic tables on the Fayette County Fair Grounds that probably could be used on that day.  Both Ms. Noska and Woody Smith, Manager will be at the Texas Czech Heritage Society Meeting in Fayetteville on Saturday.

              I am looking forward to visiting with many of you Saturday.

              Erwin A. Pavlik