Searching for Information on Sokols

  • sokol75119
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      I would like to hear from anyone that might have historical
      information, items such as records and pictures, of former (and
      current) Sokol units in the State of Texas (and out of state also).
      I thing I have identified all tht once existed, but information,
      particularly photos, and where these units had their meetings and
      workouts, has been minimal. I am interested not only in the American
      Sokol units, but in the Catholic Sokol units that once existed in our
      state.

      Sokol played a big part in the lives of many of the Czech
      immigrants. We want to preserve this information so it can be shared
      with all. In some communities where there were units, their
      existence is not even reflected in community and county histories --
      most likely because no one put it in.

      Our Sokol is Ennis is the headquarters of the Southern District,
      American Sokol. We house the Sokol karel Havlicek Borovsky, Ennis,
      museum/Southern District museum and have photos and informtion on
      many of the past units. In some communities there were both American
      Sokol and Caltholic Sokol units. I am looking for information on
      both.

      If you wish, you can contact me on this system, or e-mail me at
      105444.710@.... Your help will be appreciated.

      SYLVIA J. LAZNOVSKY
      Member of Ellis County CHS
      Southern District, American Sokol, Educational Director
      American Sokol Membership Chairman