another avenue of learning

  • turtlehawk2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      I picked up a couple of genealogy magazines at Barnes and Noble
      yesterday, one of them being "Family Tree Magazine" which I learned
      about at the "iarelative" site. This Feb. issue contains an
      article "Discover Your East European Roots", which includes a wealth
      of information of about 12 countries, political maps, a timeline, and
      web sites pertaining to the countries/genealogy. The web site to the
      mag is www.familytreemagazine.com. I can't wait to come up with a
      lesson plan for my son using this material. The "bookshelf" section
      mentions a cookbook-plus, "The Best of Czech Cooking", expanded
      edition, by Peter Trnka $24 (www.hippocrenebooks.com).
      I really encourage anyone to share articles such as this one with me
      because not only am I learning but I can teach my son as well and I
      can also pass them on to my homeschool friends and anyone else. The
      Family Tree website gives ideas of things you can do with your kids
      and grandkids that may get them interested in genealogy/history.

      "stay curious" PBS