Re: [TexasCzechs] Genealogy and Family History

  • Marie Neuman Gottfried
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 3:41 PM
      When my mom's cousin was born (1930's), he was not expected to live.  His grandma put him in the wood burning oven after the coals died down to keep him warm.  Whiskey was squirted into him to revive him.  He survived very well.  He went from the oven to the dresser drawer and grew up to be a big man.

      Marie Neuman Gottfried
      Waller County

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1 7:39 PM
        Hi Susan,

        On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:30:00 -0500 "Susan Rektorik Henley"
        <srektorik@...> writes:
        > At the same time, where are you if you only have names, dates, and
        > places on a tree or a database? Do you really know who your
        > great-grandparents were?
        I agree. A list of dead people is a dead list. Fleshing them out makes
        them come alive and keeps them alive in our memories.
        prgil@...'s story of the family cookbook is certainly one way of
        remembering who our ancestors were and what their daily lives were like.
        I hope more listers share such memories and projects with the list.

        Sharing. It's What It's All About!
        Rick Garza
        http://www.garza-zattler.homepage.com/
        NameSearch: GARZA, ZATTLER, REYNA, FOSTER, SCHACHTNER, STOPFER,
        HOLLMAIER, VOGEL, VOGL, WEINZIERL, FINK

        .
        Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.