Re: [TexasCzechs] Burial/Death record Transciption Translation

  • phejl
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 9:43 AM
      Elizabeth,

      We're unable to read the record for Alois Mras, but we translate the stone
      inscription for the baby to read:

      Rest in the Lord
      Josef Studlar
      Born the 24th day of February 1900
      in Moravia
      Died the 11th day of June 1900
      Rest in Peace

      If this is a correct translation, it indicates to me that he was a new-born
      when the family immigrated. Anyone else translate this differently?

      Pat
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 9:54 AM
        Pat,
        Maria immigrated with her parents in 1881. She and Josef (Sr.) were married
        in 1899. Through my walking in the cemetaries I have found that many people
        died in the early 1900's, including a brother sand sister ancestor who died
        in 1909 within months of each other. That must have been the time of yellow
        fever, typhoid fever, who knows. The burial info for Alois is very hard for
        me to read as well, but thank your very much for trying and for the info on
        the baby. I appreciate it.

        Thanks again,

        Elizabeth MRAZ
        Houston, Texas
        Searching for my Ancestors and Family: GALLIA, GAST, MOTL, MRAZ, SCHUMANN,
        SEDLAK, STUDLAR, just to name a few....
      • Mrazoompa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 9:54 AM
          P.S. I have had no other translations yet, your was the first.
        • phejl
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 10:32 AM
            After some thought, the record for Alois Mraz may be in Latin--it's not
            Czech.